Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

Are there any plans to add group session endpoints to webapi?

I'm looking to build an integration between discord (bot) and spotify that functions as a control mechanism for adding/removing members from group sessions and allowing them to request songs (via discord) to create a shared listening experiences for users via their devices of choice (rather than through discord voice channels like some bots do). Right now the Player subsection of the api doesn't even appear to have enough functionality to create this sync'd session even via convoluted clearing and synchronization of the now-playing list (and it would be too easy for someone to unintentionally skip around and get out of sync... and very difficult to restore that sync)

2 Replies

that would be nice for streamers. so a twitch streamer can connect his audience with group session. no music in the stream, but all sync over there spotify player. and a win win situation. the streamers can listen to the music they want and there audience will buy spotify premiun to tune in and hear the music. such an function would be realy nice

Its pains me slightly that my friend has to get premium to join. I am paying for it and want to share some good moments with my friend who moved across the country. 

I think it should be an option to inv someone with out premium. Just put restrictions on said persons actions, just make it to where they can only listen, no queueing songs, no pausing the music. That kind of thing. Allow the similar experience and ability to share moments with friends, with out the need for both parties to need premium 

Suggested posts