Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web API auth for access to one's own Spotify account

Solved!

Web API auth for access to one's own Spotify account

I am trying to create playlists in my own Spotify account using the Web API and the authorization workflows don't really make sense for my use case.  Specifically, my use case is to write an app to migrate my Napster playlists (through their API) to Spotify using your API.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @user107

Welcome to the forum! In order to create playlists in your own account using the API, you'll need to use one of the user authorization OAuth flows described in the OAuth documentation. I would recommend checking out the authorization code flow or the authorization code flow with PKCE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @user107

Welcome to the forum! In order to create playlists in your own account using the API, you'll need to use one of the user authorization OAuth flows described in the OAuth documentation. I would recommend checking out the authorization code flow or the authorization code flow with PKCE.

Hi,

those docs dont seem to match our use cases. Can you be a little more specific. I just have a simple locally hosted app which acts as a jukebox conduit to my queue. All I want is to not have to repeatedly refresh a token to access my own profile, or if i must, a simple solution. Why do I even need a redirect_uri? The docs dont make sense.

thanks

Suggested posts