Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• mekala02
  • Casual Listener
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes

502 when trying to set repeat mode on web sdk

Hey there! I keep getting 502 response status code when trying to set the repeat mode on my web sdk application. Using the Spotify Console to set the repeat option on the sdk, the behaviour is the same, but when I try to set the repeat option on a re...

• Visitor
  • Hey there!   I keep getting 502 response status code when trying to set the repeat mode on my web sdk application. Using the Spotify Console to set the repeat option on the sdk, the behaviour ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • repeat
    SDK
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

get top tracks

I have the following problem.When sending a request to the link https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/top/tracks with parameters offset=0 and limit=50 everything is sent normally. But if you send the next request with offset = 50, then 0 tracks are sent, alt...

Снимок экрана (2446).png Снимок экрана (2447).png Снимок экрана (2449).png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have the following problem. When sending a request to the link https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/top/tracks with parameters offset=0 and limit=50 everything is sent normally.   But if you s...
  • mr_hanger
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

403 - Player command failed: Cannot control device volume

Dear Community,we're trying to control the volume of Spotify without affecting the system volume. This is supposed to work with the API PUT https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/volumeat least for premium users.However we're getting a 403 error as res...

• Visitor
  • Dear Community, we're trying to control the volume of Spotify without affecting the system volume. This is supposed to work with the API  PUT https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/volume at l...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
    volume
    Volume Control
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist growth data

Hey guys, Started learning working with API's recently, so still quite new to all this.I was wondering if there is any way to track growth of the Spotify playlists I own, and convert this data to an interface like Google Data Studio or another data d...

• Hey guys,   Started learning working with API's recently, so still quite new to all this. I was wondering if there is any way to track growth of the Spotify playlists I own, and convert this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is our IP blocked?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hello.I'm calling using web api.I recently changed my server IP. By the way, all curl reques...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

the search is poor on NOT condition

PlanFree/PremiumCountrysingaporeDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue is I am looking music that are NOT played by Piano but all PIANO are listed. How is ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country singapore Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue is I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bad search for NOT
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add tracks to playlist returns 50x error

Flow: I created playlist using create playlist API. After I'm adding track's to this playlist.As a result I got 500 or 503 error

• Casual Listener
  • Flow: I created playlist using create playlist API. After I'm adding track's to this playlist. As a result I got 500 or 503 error
  • clswall
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Apple App Store Review team can't log in with Test Premium Account

My Situation:- Wrote iPhone App that uses Spotify- Already got quota extension by Spotify- Created Test Account with Premium for Apple App Store Review Team- The country is set to Germany (shouldn't be a problem though) Problem:The review team keeps ...

Screenshot-0205-045935.png Screenshot-0205-131309.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Situation: - Wrote iPhone App that uses Spotify - Already got quota extension by Spotify - Created Test Account with Premium for Apple App Store Review Team - The country is set to G...
  • windowsxp
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • appstore
    Login
    review
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to contact app review team?

I've submitted an app for review by the Spotify team and the first submission was rejected for "unjustified scopes". However, these scopes are necessary for app function. Is there a way to contact the review team to get some further clarification so ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've submitted an app for review by the Spotify team and the first submission was rejected for "unjustified scopes". However, these scopes are necessary for app function. Is there a way to contact th...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Repeatable 404 on particular search requests

When making search endpoint requests, I notice some requests repeatedly failing. It seems to happen only on searches for tracks with long names. As an example: the following fails: https://api.spotify.com/v1/search/?type=track&q=I%20Slept%20With%20So...

• Casual Listener
  • When making search endpoint requests, I notice some requests repeatedly failing. It seems to happen only on searches for tracks with long names. As an example: the following fails:   https://ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Suddenly getting "invalid redirect URI" on grant

Without any changes to my code or app-registration my app suddenly gets an "invalid redirect URI" in the access-token grant. I have no idea whats going on...

• Roadie
  • Without any changes to my code or app-registration my app suddenly gets an "invalid redirect URI" in the access-token grant. I have no idea whats going on...  
  • wolfgang_bures
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist iframe content not updated

I use Spotify with a free plan. My country is Japan.The problem is that when I add songs to the playlist using the API, the playlist on the iframe side is not updated.The iframe tag I am using is written below.Device.Macbook, ChromeI am looking for s...

• I use Spotify with a free plan. My country is Japan. The problem is that when I add songs to the playlist using the API, the playlist on the iframe side is not updated. The iframe tag I am using is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iFrame API 'ready' never gets called

I can't get the 'ready' event to be called. Anyone else is having this issue? const onSpotifyLoaded = controller => { controller.addListener('ready', () => { console.log("Player is Ready") }) } window.SpotifyIFrameAPI.createController(playerEl.curren...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get the 'ready' event to be called. Anyone else is having this issue?             const onSpotifyLoaded = controller => { controller.addListener('read...
  • rentzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iFrame API
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

How to extend scopes for existing application?

Hello! I have a published application and since it has been published I need more scopes than I requested initially. In the dashboard for the appI see the toast that it's impossible to request additional scopes for the app, what can I do about it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I have a published application and since it has been published I need more scopes than I requested initially. In the dashboard for the appI see the toast that it's impossible to request additi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! API for returning latest spotify release version

PlanPremiumCountryGBDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuefor a tool im developing i need a way to get the latest release number spotify itself uses to update, and then using that number make a call to scdn like so: https://upgrade.s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country GB Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue for a tool im developing i need a way to get the latest release number spotify itself uses to updat...
  • OhItsTom
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed API Commercial Use

Hi! Is the Embed API prohibited from being used in a commercial app to play tracks from Spotify? Is that API only allowed for Podcasts in a commercial setting? If i wish to play songs from Spotify on iOS, the only way is through the iOS remote SDK?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Is the Embed API prohibited from being used in a commercial app to play tracks from Spotify? Is that API only allowed for Podcasts in a commercial setting?   If i wish to play songs from S...
  • MalibuTime
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed-api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Spotify app for Windows radomly closes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Matebook D16Operating SystemWindows 11 Home My Question or IssueWhen I play or skip a song the Spotify app will sometimes close, and when I try to re-open it, it will close immediately. I have to try a couple tim...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Matebook D16 Operating System Windows 11 Home   My Question or Issue When I play or skip a song the Spotify app will sometimes close, and whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile app authentication

Hi, I'm building an app using a cross-platform framework so can't use the iOS and Android SDks directly. Is there a way to open the Spotify app for authentication, instead of the website?

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm building an app using a cross-platform framework so can't use the iOS and Android SDks directly.   Is there a way to open the Spotify app for authentication, instead of the we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes