Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• mekala02
  • Casual Listener
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes

Can these song be added

Can someone add all the songs from Azusa Nakano and Ritsu Tainaka to their character album.Songs like Jajauma way to go and Girly storm Shissou Stick are songs that I really like

• Visitor
  •     Can someone add all the songs from Azusa Nakano and Ritsu Tainaka to their character album. Songs like Jajauma way to go and Girly storm Shissou Stick are songs that I really l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discord

I have a discord bot, and I whole like to put music on the bot, but discord says that I can play music if the station's ToS says that is ilegal, Can I get a licence to play spotify's music on my verified bot?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a discord bot, and I whole like to put music on the bot, but discord says that I can play music if the station's ToS says that is ilegal, Can I get a licence to play spotify's music on my veri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Possible to play local file through API?

Plan: PremiumCountry: DKDevice: Spotify on Linux Ubuntu (PC) My Question or IssueHi, I'm playing songs using the Web API like this without issues: PUT /v1/me/player/play HTTP/1.1Content-Type: application/jsonAuthorization: xxxxxHost: api.spotify.comC...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: DK Device: Spotify on Linux Ubuntu (PC)   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm playing songs using the Web API like this without issues:   PUT /v1/me/player/play HTTP...
  • FLEMMING_jans
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Error " Your client does not have permission to get URL"

Hello There , I'm a web developer and I use Spotify APIs . Yesterday , I bought 3 new VPS servers from Germany location but I haven't been able to establish a connection between these servers and the Spotify API and using a browser to access spotify....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello There ,   I'm a web developer and I use Spotify APIs . Yesterday , I bought 3 new VPS servers from Germany location but I haven't been able to establish a connection between these server...
  • mrpro8838
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Control spotify windows app from web

Hi, i'm developing and integration from and web app with spotify, so to music does not stop when page reloading or changing to another page, i wanna connect my web app with windows desktop app. So you can see with song is playing now on my web app, a...

• Hi, i'm developing and integration from and web app with spotify, so to music does not stop when page reloading or changing to another page, i wanna connect my web app with windows desktop app. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    integration
    web
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

API Response not including Local and Unplayable Tracks

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to retrieve all tracks in my Liked Songs through the Spotify API. I have some local songs in my Liked Songs, and some songs that are no longer available on...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to retrieve all tracks in my Liked Songs through the Spotify API. I have some l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'd like to create a quiz game with the Spotify API

My Question or IssueI've created a quiz game using Spotify web API, the problem is that I only users with access can login using oauth. If I want anyone to use it I have to request an quota extension but it gets rejected because building a quiz game ...

unnamed (1).png unnamed (2).png
  • My Question or Issue I've created a quiz game using Spotify web API, the problem is that I only users with access can login using oauth.   If I want anyone to use it I have to request an ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Support
    Developer API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect in HK not stable

Plan PremiumCountry HK Our user for Silent Angel M1 (Client ID 836c8dce7f4a46699a805d9587d2dda6) in HK has problem when using Spotify Connect feature. It will disconnect itself after playing 3 to 5 songs. Please help to advise what we should do.Thank...

• Plan Premium Country HK   Our user for Silent Angel M1 (Client ID 836c8dce7f4a46699a805d9587d2dda6) in HK has problem when using Spotify Connect feature. It will disconnect itself a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Stablilty
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error in Spotify Developer Dashboard when adding bundle ID or Android package

Dear Spotify team, We have several mobile applications linked to one Spotify app. It's the same codebase, features, only with a slightly different look. That means that we have multiple redirect URIs, bundle IDs and Android packages configured for ou...

• Dear Spotify team,   We have several mobile applications linked to one Spotify app. It's the same codebase, features, only with a slightly different look. That means that we have multiple redi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble setting Custom Playlist Cover Image

Hello there, I'm having trouble setting a custom cover image for my playlist. I don't understand what needs to go in the body of the request as it isn't listed anywhere in the documentation. Any help would be much appreciated as I am new to this. (ht...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, I'm having trouble setting a custom cover image for my playlist. I don't understand what needs to go in the body of the request as it isn't listed anywhere in the documentation. Any help...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Asking for some information

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI'm eager to know the type of Data structures or Algorithms that Spotify uses other than ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country India Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I'm eage...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating playlist cover image with base64 data

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone 12)Operating System(iOS 15) My Question or IssueHi. I'm using iOS Shortcuts app as a low code environment for some simple Spotify API activities. Authentication is working and I'm able to GET and POST with other Spotify APIs ...

278939379_589033832116759_5230463481113517230_n.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • ...ow to actually use the Add Custom Playlist Cover Image API. I've authenticated the app with ugc-image-upload, playlist-modify-public, playlist-modify-private scope.   I'm making a P...
  • Oyfyr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Reporting Ads API

Hi everyone,Reporting Ads API describes 2 endpoints: both are called "Create report", both are POST requests, and both return reporting data based on selected parameters. Which parameters can be selected?

• Hi everyone, Reporting Ads API describes 2 endpoints: both are called "Create report", both are POST requests, and both return reporting data based on selected parameters. Which parameters can be se...
  • charlotte48
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rate limit search and mp3 preview

PlanPremiumCountryFrance My Question or IssueHello everyone, We want to integrate the Spotify API into our app. For this reason, we have 2 questions concerning Web API rate limit: - Is there a rate limit concerning preview mp3 URLs?- What is the rate...

• Plan Premium Country France   My Question or Issue Hello everyone,  We want to integrate the Spotify API into our app. For this reason, we have 2 questions concerning Web API rate li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Integration of Spotify inside my own fitness app

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHey Spotify,Hope you and your team are doing well. I wanted to integrate spotify in my fitness...

• Plan Premium Country India Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hey Spotify, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    integration
    Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

AUTHETICATION_SERVICE_UNKNOWN_ERROR

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI completed the tutorial exactly and I got this exception: USERNOTAUTHORIZEDEXCEPTION.Please ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I compl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web api Laravel?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHow do I integrate Spotify API into Laravel? Any resources on how to use it with guzzle?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue How do ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

API call bad request

we are facing api calls bad request errors ,sp_trace_id = "fd5d3b0d-774f-474a-aee9-e5c5c838736e","53c9da1e-464c-4cba-9761-52879bade67b"

• we are facing api calls bad request errors , sp_trace_id = "fd5d3b0d-774f-474a-aee9-e5c5c838736e", "53c9da1e-464c-4cba-9761-52879bade67b"
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    bad_request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Search API Authorization Error when using with Python

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceWeb APIOperating SystemPython My Question or IssueI'm trying to use Python Search API with Python using bearer token. When I'm trying the API on API docs page of spotify using generated bearer token, I'm getting search resul...

• Plan Free Country India Device Web API Operating System Python   My Question or Issue I'm trying to use Python Search API with Python using bearer token. When I'm trying the API on API...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Learning about API's

hello there!! I'm learning about fetching API's and I have to create a website using an API. My idea is create a tribute site for one of my friends who's an artist. The site will contain 20 of his latest songs. I'd like to use the song name, artists,...

• hello there!!   I'm learning about fetching API's and I have to create a website using an API.  My idea is create a tribute site for one of my friends who's an artist.  The site will...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes