Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

IOS SessionManager DidInitiate

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or Issue I am currently working on developing an app that allows a user to open the Spotify app from my app and then play music. I have used sessionManager to open the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue   I am currently working on developing an app that allows a user to op...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS Development
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Player SDK Does Not Work in Internet Explorer 11

Last year I created a C#/WPF application with an embedded Spotify Web Player SDK. It has worked fine, as far as I am aware, for the last 400+ days. However, recently it has stopped working. As far as I can estimate, it stopped working around 15 days ...

• Regular
  • Last year I created a C#/WPF application with an embedded Spotify Web Player SDK. It has worked fine, as far as I am aware, for the last 400+ days. However, recently it has stopped working. As far as...
  • userdk
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Retrieving more than 100 items from New Releases API endpoint

Hello, I'm working on a React project in which I intended to display a full list of new releases from the current week (similar to what Every Noise At Once has set up, though I'm not sure how they're accomplishing it). I'm using the New Releases endp...

• Hello,   I'm working on a React project in which I intended to display a full list of new releases from the current week (similar to what Every Noise At Once has set up, though I'm not sure ho...
  • kkhal
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Make a custom Raspberry Pi a new Spotify Device

Hey, so my question basically is if you can make a new device with a new device id to play spotify on. I have a script that can play music on my device (my computer) and I was wondering if there was any way to basically "create" a new device (a raspb...

• Music Fan
  • Hey, so my question basically is if you can make a new device with a new device id to play spotify on. I have a script that can play music on my device (my computer) and I was wondering if there was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • device
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Token provider returned the same token twice

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Desktop Pc)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issueembedded playlists on my website stop playing after first song is finished, and in the console, this error is logged:Uncaught (in promise) TransportError: Toke...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Desktop Pc) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue embedded playlists on my website stop playing after first song is finished, and in ...
  • scaltas
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Encoding Specifications Article Not Found

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.4.2 My Question or IssueHi, I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to contact but my inquiry is about Spotify’s audio file encoding specifications. I could be wrong, but I believe a re...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.4.2   My Question or Issue Hi, I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to contact but my inquiry is about Spotif...
  • mkikoen
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Developer] Nodes

Hey Spotify! I am working on an app / software which collects the CORRECT nodes for various (popular) songs. Both for musicians playing gigs and the ones rehearsing at home. Many nodes is possible to find on the internet, but offen with a lot of flaw...

• Hey Spotify!   I am working on an app / software which collects the CORRECT nodes for various (popular) songs. Both for musicians playing gigs and the ones rehearsing at home.    M...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with accessing user top tracks when offset parameter is >= 50

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen accessing a user's top tracks, it is possible to access the first 98 items by iterating with a 49*x value assigned to the offset parameter. However, it is impossible to ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When accessing a user's top tracks, it is possible to access the first 98 items by iterating with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify SDK - Weird undocumented error

Hi, I'm working on a React Native project using https://github.com/cjam/react-native-spotify-remote to use Spotify SDK. I already posted an issue on this repo to see if someone can help me but I think it's more related to the Spotify SDK itself. When...

• Hi,   I'm working on a React Native project using https://github.com/cjam/react-native-spotify-remote to use Spotify SDK. I already posted an issue on this repo to see if someone can help me b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Device automatically goes to standby and can't be used for pause/resume

So basically I have a script that resumes and pauses the playback on my device, and to do that I have a fixed device id specified. The problem is after some time Spotify goes into "Standby" and if I try to pause/resume by either my script or the butt...

• Music Fan
  • So basically I have a script that resumes and pauses the playback on my device, and to do that I have a fixed device id specified. The problem is after some time Spotify goes into "Standby" and if I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop Windows
    Pause and Resume
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Community][Developer] Need Artist Discography endpoints for Web API

I'm trying to pull non-duplicated an artist albums data from the Web API, as you guys get from your private API:https://api-partner.spotify.com/pathfinder/v1/query?operationName=queryArtistDiscography&variables= {"uri":"spotify:artist:6nxWCVXbOlEVRex...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to pull non-duplicated an artist albums data from the Web API, as you guys get from your private API: https://api-partner.spotify.com/pathfinder/v1/query?operationName=queryArtistDiscogra...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Need Artist Discography endpoints for Web API

I'm trying to pull non-duplicated an artist albums data from the Web API, as you guys get from your private API:https://api-partner.spotify.com/pathfinder/v1/query?operationName=queryArtistDiscography&variables={"uri":"spotify:artist:6nxWCVXbOlEVRexS...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm trying to pull non-duplicated an artist albums data from the Web API, as you guys get from your private API: https://api-partner.spotify.com/pathfinder/v1/query?operationName=queryArtist...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify SDK and Spotify App Remote

Hello,i have developed an Android-Widget for Spotify. I would like to sell this App on the Google App-Store. I have already read on different places the terms and conditions, which requirements the app should follow and so on, but it is still not cle...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i have developed an Android-Widget for Spotify. I would like to sell this App on the Google App-Store. I have already read on different places the terms and conditions, which requirements t...
  • viabonito
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Commercial
    legal
    selling apps
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible to integrate within Roku app?

Device(Roku)Operating System(Brighscript) My Question or IssueI head up a popular real estate search app/channel on Roku. We currently have iHeart integration where our users can play iHeart stations while browsing real estate listings. We would like...

• Device (Roku) Operating System (Brighscript)   My Question or Issue I head up a popular real estate search app/channel on Roku. We currently have iHeart integration where our users can pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • roku
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Private Session Enforce iOS + Android SDK

Hey! With the iOS and Android SDK, can the app we build utilising these SDK's enforce a PRIVATE SESSION ? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! With the iOS and Android SDK, can the app we build utilising these SDK's enforce a PRIVATE SESSION ? Thank you!
  • tobikabla
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

From ionic framework based android app, spotify app is not launching and playing playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceAny android appOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWe have an android app, which displays playlist and launch spotify app to play playlist selected. It used to work well but since last 2 weeks it is broken. The same ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Any android app Operating System Android   My Question or Issue We have an android app, which displays playlist and launch spotify app to play playlist s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SpInit() returns 22 (kSpErrorEntropyFailure) on some Windows 10 systems

We are using the Spotify Embedded SDK version HEAD-v3.150.82-g4e955973 on our Windows 10 systems. Our implementation has passed certification with Spotify. Mostly it is working fine, but we occasionally run into customers who can't play music because...

• We are using the Spotify Embedded SDK version HEAD-v3.150.82-g4e955973 on our Windows 10 systems. Our implementation has passed certification with Spotify. Mostly it is working fine, but we occasiona...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player stops playing and player_state_changed and getCurrentState returning strange info

Hello, I'm using the Web Playback SDK for a little project at home.For the past weeks, I started to notice that the Web Player, randomly, stops playing. After a couple of hours of playing without issues, it stops playing when the song reaches the 10/...

• Regular
  • Hello, I'm using the Web Playback SDK for a little project at home. For the past weeks, I started to notice that the Web Player, randomly, stops playing. After a couple of hours of playing with...
  • afonsorp
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Trying to figure out which account owns our client ID

We've got a Shopify app going but we don't know which account we used to set up the account. Is there any way to figure which email it's under? We've got the Client ID and Secret. The app has a lot of users now so creating a new app would be really i...

• Regular
  • We've got a Shopify app going but we don't know which account we used to set up the account. Is there any way to figure which email it's under?  We've got the Client ID and Secret.  Th...
  • ponny
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rate limit

I have a couple of questions about how Rate Limits are applied.- Is there a way to get currently-playing end points without any rate limit?- Is there a commercial version of spotify API without any rate limit? [Plan: Premium Country: Spain/Bangladesh...

• Visitor
  • I have a couple of questions about how Rate Limits are applied. - Is there a way to get currently-playing end points without any rate limit? - Is there a commercial version of spotify API without a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes