Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

Support for Quota Extension Request

I would like to have support for my rejected quota extension request. Because for the last two rejections;- Last one with no reason.- Previous one, The product or service is integrated with streams or content from another service.I have my app on htt...

• I would like to have support for my rejected quota extension request. Because for the last two rejections; - Last one with no reason. - Previous one,  The product or service is integrated wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Urgent issue with song playing (iOS)

We have the Spotify Web Api configured and we are getting songs and displaying them in our app, that’s fine. Now, we want to play part of the song without going to into the Spotify app. I know that we can play songs through web api, but it requires p...

• Regular
  • We have the Spotify Web Api configured and we are getting songs and displaying them in our app, that’s fine. Now, we want to play part of the song without going to into the Spotify app. I know that w...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

API to loop part of a track

Would be great to have an API to seamlessly loop part of a track.Like DJ apps loop 4, 8, 16, and 32 bars X number of time.

• Casual Listener
  • Would be great to have an API to seamlessly loop part of a track. Like DJ apps loop 4, 8, 16, and 32 bars X number of time. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Get Playlist Items no longer returns episodes (Solved)

Edit: Turns out the episodes I was trying to access had all been removed by the author, but there were invisible entries left behind in the playlist returning null track object.

• Edit:  Turns out the episodes I was trying to access had all been removed by the author, but there were invisible entries left behind in the playlist returning null track object.
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App has playlist-read-private scope, but private playlists aren't returned.

My recently approved app has playlist-read-private scope, but it when calling me/playlists private playlists aren't returned. Changing them to public allows them to be returned from that endpoint.If I try to retrieve the playlist by id, I can. But th...

• Music Fan
  • My recently approved app has playlist-read-private scope, but it when calling me/playlists private playlists aren't returned.  Changing them to public allows them to be returned from t...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Set Volume - What Devices?

Out of all the Device Types, which ones can the volume be set for, via the Web API?I know for example that the volume can be set for "Computer" and can not be set for "Smartphone". Is there a known list of Devices (out of the full list below) that th...

• Casual Listener
  • Out of all the Device Types, which ones can the volume be set for, via the Web API? I know for example that the volume can be set for "Computer" and can not be set for "Smartphone". Is there a k...
  • djmtdj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Social] App Social idea

Hello Spotify my name is Sebastian Lara, I am currently a software developer and have been working on a Social Network app for half a year which uses spotify services. however, it is a powerful app and that's why i'm hard to complete it, although it'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify my name is Sebastian Lara, I am currently a software developer and have been working on a Social Network app for half a year which uses spotify services. however, it is a powerful app a...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Social
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Customize embed podcast

Is there any possibility to change for background and/or font colours in embed podcast?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any possibility to change for background and/or font colours in embed podcast?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed
    podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How Spotify:// links work?

I'm using Bravostudio, and I'm creating a little app to discover new music existing on Spotify.But i'm facing a little issue, i have 3 types of links availableWeb Spotifyhttps://open.spotify.com/album/1X02bJcdq5n81aUhyrOmMw URIspotify:album:1X02bJcdq...

• I'm using Bravostudio, and I'm creating a little app to discover new music existing on Spotify. But i'm facing a little issue, i have 3 types of links available Web Spotify https://open.spotify.co...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble Embedding Wrapped Playlist

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Duplicated on many devicesOperating System: Duplicated on Android, Mac, and Windows My Question or IssueWhen I go to export my "Your Top Songs 2021" playlist from wrapped, the embedded playlist that appears is not min...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Duplicated on many devices Operating System: Duplicated on Android, Mac, and Windows   My Question or Issue When I go to export my "Your Top Songs 2021" ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    embedded playlist
    wrapped playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Click the button below to download the content from open.spotify.com."

Hello people! I need some help in regards to Adding a Spotify Embed for podcasts on Wordpress. To add the widgets I followed the usual steps (copying the URL or the embed code of the podcast episode and pasting it into my HTML file). However, instead...

• Hello people!   I need some help in regards to Adding a Spotify Embed for podcasts on Wordpress. To add the widgets I followed the usual steps (copying the URL or the embed code of the podcast...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Constant 503 errors from API

API is constantly returning "503 Service Unavailable" with response body "upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers". Previously it used to happen somewhat frequent but now all the requests are failing with this error. No matter wheth...

• Regular
  • API is constantly returning "503 Service Unavailable" with response body "upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers". Previously it used to happen somewhat frequent but now all the re...
  • markgrotskiy
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes

Some questions

Hi, I would like to work with you on an application that will need Spotify to be functional. A group of people would be able to choose the music they like to put it in a list, song after song, by voting for it.

• Hi, I would like to work with you on an application that will need Spotify to be functional. A group of people would be able to choose the music they like to put it in a list, song after song, by vot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a random track/ generating a valid random track ID

I would like to create a tool that generates a truly random Spotify song, but cannot find out how this could be done. I've considered two possible approaches, which come with the following questions: 1. Is there/will there be a way of getting a rando...

• Visitor
  • I would like to create a tool that generates a truly random Spotify song, but cannot find out how this could be done. I've considered two possible approaches, which come with the following questions:...
  • danivilardell
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Embed podcast - missing Follow button

When I embed Spotify podcast, I do not see Follow button. I think it should appear below title, author and date. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

• Casual Listener
  • When I embed Spotify podcast, I do not see Follow button. I think it should appear below title, author and date. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
  • sourire09
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed
    follow
    podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution API Reference page not rendering

Am I the only one who gets a basically blank page when trying to viewhttps://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/I've tried several browsers (Firefox, Chrome, incognito) on several machines. See the attached. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Am I the only one who gets a basically blank page when trying to view https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/ I've tried several browsers (Firefox, Chrome, incognito) on se...
  • belwig
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Unexpected need for quota extension request

Hi, I had created an app last year, before the policy was updated as described here: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2021/05/27/improving-the-developer-and-user-experience-for-third-party-apps/It states that existing apps don't need quot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I had created an app last year, before the policy was updated as described here: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2021/05/27/improving-the-developer-and-user-experience-...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Track release date

Hi,When trying to get a release date for a track that originates in a compilation, I get the compilation release date. for example, track ID 000mFaHFqvtU9bYShUFMlk which is "Mellow Yellow" by Donovan, originally released in 1967, shows 2012 instead. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When trying to get a release date for a track that originates in a compilation, I get the compilation release date. for example, track ID 000mFaHFqvtU9bYShUFMlk which is "Mellow Yellow" by Donov...
  • yoni_shv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play a song starting at a given lyrics line

The last Spotify update introduced lyrics that synchronized with the rhythm. I mean that Spotify holds the data when each line in a song's lyrics is performed in the song.I'm looking for a method that sets the player to point a specific time accordin...

• The last Spotify update introduced lyrics that synchronized with the rhythm. I mean that Spotify holds the data when each line in a song's lyrics is performed in the song. I'm looking for a method...
  • diskordier
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    iOS
    lyrics
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Playback of saved tracks with offset

PlanPremium CountryDE DeviceAPI My Question or IssueI want to use the Web API to start a playback of my saved songs with an offset. Playing the saved songs works using the context URI of a user with :collection appended. But I cannot set an offset fo...

• Plan Premium   Country DE   Device API   My Question or Issue I want to use the Web API to start a playback of my saved songs with an offset. Playing the saved songs works us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    playback
    web
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes