Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

Login Failed, "Something went wrong"

My Question or IssueHello,I am unable to login to my account using the browser(Firefox or Chrome). When I fill in my credentials and click "Login" I get a red error notification "Oops, Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue Hello, I am unable to login to my account using the browser(Firefox or Chrome). When I fill in my credentials and click "Login" I get a red error notification "Oops, Somethin...
  • kruemeline
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

common uri commands for windows

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm currently looking for uri commands for common usabilityplaypausenext songshufflerepeat albumrepeat songCurrently the only one available is the uri command to open...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm currently looking for uri commands for common usability play pause next song shuf...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Track from my playlist won't show up in global search

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have a track in my playlist which I expect to find with the search query "artist:Method Man, Jones Ink AND track:Day Ones" but I get no results.I can however find ano...

• Plan Free Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I have a track in my playlist which I expect to find with the search query "artist:M...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Timestamp not updated on get playback information

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States My Question or IssueI am working on an app that requires music playback to be precisely synchronized with in-app events. I am updating the information about user playback using the v1/me/player endpoint to get the curr...

• Plan Premium Country United States   My Question or Issue I am working on an app that requires music playback to be precisely synchronized with in-app events. I am updating the information...
  • Wonday
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • timestamp
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Apple rejects apps using iOS SDK

Hi, I am attempting to publish an app that uses the Spotify iOS SDK to generate playlists and manage the playback of music. But it is being rejected by Apple due to it requiring the Spotify app to be installed in order to use my app. Although offload...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am attempting to publish an app that uses the Spotify iOS SDK to generate playlists and manage the playback of music. But it is being rejected by Apple due to it requiring the Spotify ...
  • Carlosfb
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS SDK
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search API incorrect result

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemmacOS 12.0 IssueSearch API incorrect result for query 'Smok Dance Tonight'https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-search-item/?q=Smok%20Dance%20Tonight&type=track&market=&limit=&offset=&include_external= However ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Operating System macOS 12.0   Issue Search API incorrect result for query 'Smok Dance Tonight' https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-search-item/?q=Smok%20Da...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify api play random song from user saved tracks

I want to play a random song from user saved songs using Spotify Web API. I test it here https://developer.spotify.com/console/put-play/ Putting this into request body { "context_uri": "spotify:user:malnen132:collection", "offset": { "position": 5 },...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to play a random song from user saved songs using Spotify Web API. I test it here https://developer.spotify.com/console/put-play/ Putting this into request body { "context_uri":...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Spotify iOS SDK give invalid client secret error when authorise via Spotify app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 11 Pro Max)Operating System(iOS 14.7.1.) My Question or IssueOur app is using iOS Spotify SDK to manage user playlists. The app use SPTSessionManager to authenticate the user It is working fine in 8.6.56 but it i...

• Casual Listener
  • ...2/auth?client_id=XXXX&response_type=code&redirect_uri=XXXX&client_app_id&id_token_hint=XXXX&prompt=none&scope=playlist-read-private%20playlist-modify-public%20playlist-modify-p...
  • teehyen
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can I display LastFM data?

I have seen multiple webpages that include some sort of collage generators for LastFM and Spotify in the same webpage, so I was wondering ¿What are the limits of the Prohibited Aplicatons rule 5? Do not create any product or service which is integrat...

• Casual Listener
  • I have seen multiple webpages that include some sort of collage generators for LastFM and Spotify in the same webpage, so I was wondering ¿What are the limits of the Prohibited Aplicatons rule 5? &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution 403 User not approved for app

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop / Firefox / ChromeOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI am currently considering to develop a Spotify-enabled webapp using the Web API in conjunction with the Web Playback SDK.I established the basic fun...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop / Firefox / Chrome Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue I am currently considering to develop a Spotify-enabled webapp using the ...
  • jaydip_sapariya
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playback SDK
    Web API
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking get my refresh token for a static site

I have a website for a wedding. We are looking to have a place for the people viewing the website to submit songs which automatically get added to a playlist (this makes it easier for the people who don't have a Spotify account or don't know how to a...

• I have a website for a wedding. We are looking to have a place for the people viewing the website to submit songs which automatically get added to a playlist (this makes it easier for the people who ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

User not registered in the Developer Dashboard 403 on /me endpoint

PlanPremiumCountry: USA DeviceMacbook Pro 2018Operating SystemMacOS 11.5.1 My Question or IssueI've got my test app running for myself, but when I add another user they always get the 403 from the /me endpoint saying "User not registered in the Devel...

• Plan Premium Country: USA   Device Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System MacOS 11.5.1   My Question or Issue I've got my test app running for myself, but when I add another user they ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Remote built-in authorization

I am working on an app that uses the SpotifyAppRemote package to control playbackfrom spotify. I currently am using only built-in authentication. I do not need more that this.Is there a limit to the number of users that I can have install my app?

• Casual Listener
  • I am working on an app that uses the SpotifyAppRemote package to control playback from spotify. I currently am using only built-in authentication. I do not need more that this. Is there a limit to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist performance

I run a small record label, so I have the access to approx 30-40 artist profiles. I have a few playlists that I promote with ads - where I place my artists' songs too.Right now I track the playlists' performance by going to each added song's playlist...

• I run a small record label, so I have the access to approx 30-40 artist profiles. I have a few playlists that I promote with ads - where I place my artists' songs too. Right now I track the playlist...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify web API authorization not working for Login with phone option

PlanFreeCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi, I would like to bring it to your notice that authorization flow is broken for login with phone nu...

2020-06-20.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Free Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi, I  wou...
  • singwindsong
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Developer Site Web-API guides Docs not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Macbook Pro late 2020) My Question or IssueHi, seems that the guides portal of Web API Docs is not working. It is an empty page for my side. Anyone encountered similar issue?

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Macbook Pro late 2020)   My Question or Issue Hi, seems that the guides portal of Web API Docs is not working. It is an empty page for my side. A...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    guides
    web
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Submitting an app to the developer showcase!

Hi, I made an app using Spotify's API, it's not commercial in any way. So far only me and some of my friends have been messing around with it. I was wondering if there's a way to submit it to the Spotify developer showcase? It's hosted on one of my i...

• Hi, I made an app using Spotify's API, it's not commercial in any way. So far only me and some of my friends have been messing around with it. I was wondering if there's a way to submit it to the Spo...
  • szekowski
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Question regarding no-mixing policy

Snippet from COMPLYING WITH SPOTIFY'S DEVELOPER POLICY Disallowed Use case:DJ/Mixes: Using Spotify’s catalog to segue, mix, re-mix, or overlap any Spotify Content with any other audio content (including other Spotify content). I am playing around wit...

• Snippet from COMPLYING WITH SPOTIFY'S DEVELOPER POLICY   Disallowed Use case: DJ/Mixes: Using Spotify’s catalog to segue, mix, re-mix, or overlap any Spotify Content with any other ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Change the volume for the Spotify web widget

I want to be able to change the volume in the Spotify widget on my site. Is it possible to create a volume slider for it?PlanFree

• Visitor
  • I want to be able to change the volume in the Spotify widget on my site. Is it possible to create a volume slider for it? Plan Free <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Goofy: JavaScript library for Spotify API

OK, maybe it's time to share it here.Goofy is a very useful tool for advanced users.In some ways it repeats Smarter Playlists, but is more fun, because it lets you write your own stuff.Documentation is in Russian, so you have to use Chrome extension....

goofy.png
  • Roadie
  •   OK, maybe it's time to share it here. Goofy is a very useful tool for advanced users. In some ways it repeats Smarter Playlists, but is more fun, because it lets you write your own stuff. ...
  • hywelinesh
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes