Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 137 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 137 replies
  • 20 likes

Need podcast endpoints from web API

I'm trying to pull data from the Spotify API such as "popular podcasts" or "podcasts by genre". But as you can see from the documentation, to get podcast info you must have the podcast (or "show") id, which you can only get from doing a search with "...

• Visitor
  •   I'm trying to pull data from the Spotify API such as "popular podcasts" or "podcasts by genre". But as you can see from the documentation, to get podcast info you must have the podcast (or "s...
  • trekhleb123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
    Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify Connect with the Android API

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceNook HD (Running CyanogenMod)Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 My Question or IssueHi all, I have been trying to develop a very simple app to be used with the spotify API for android that simply starts a pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device Nook HD (Running CyanogenMod) Operating System Android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue Hi all, I have been trying to develop a very si...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Temporary 504 Bad Gateway Error

Hi !Since couple of days now the Spotify API is returning more and more (often by group of 5 minutes) a 504 Bad Gateway Error to all our requests (whatever they are on https://api.spotify.com/v1/.......). Did you got some servers issues recently and ...

• Roadie
  • Hi ! Since couple of days now the Spotify API is returning more and more (often by group of 5 minutes) a 504 Bad Gateway Error to all our requests (whatever they are on https://api.spotify.com/v1/.....
  • blackarcanis
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to link Spotify accounts to Alexa Skills

Hi there,Not trying to advertise but if anyone is interested in developing Alexa skills app and is interested in linking to the Spotify API, I made a blog post discussing this to which I have left a link below. https://medium.com/@edwardmuldrew/how-t...

• Regular
  • Hi there, Not trying to advertise but if anyone is interested in developing Alexa skills app and is interested in linking to the Spotify API, I made a blog post discussing this to which I have left ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • account linking
    Alexa
    authentication
    development
    Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Problem registering commercial app

Hi,I'm trying to register a new commercial application in the Dashboard, but even though I fill out every field in form 2 (2 of 3), it always says "Please fill out required fields." after pressing Next.Is this a known issue?Thanks,Ronnie

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm trying to register a new commercial application in the Dashboard, but even though I fill out every field in form 2 (2 of 3), it always says "Please fill out required fields." after pressin...
  • RonnieDeRakker
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help on automatize podcast extraction data.

Hey guys,I need to build an ETL and extract the podcast data automatically.Is there any way to do it? I was checking the new podcast API and I don't think that it's doable with that.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I need to build an ETL and extract the podcast data automatically. Is there any way to do it?   I was checking the new podcast API and I don't think that it's doable with that.
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data downloading
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Instrumentalness object

How exactly is instrumentalness calculated for each track? Does it refer to the likelihood that a track contains any lyrics at any given time point during the track?

• Visitor
  • How exactly is instrumentalness calculated for each track?   Does it refer to the likelihood that a track contains any lyrics at any given time point during the track?  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Calculating instrumentalness
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom domain not redirecting to playlist

I am trying to redirect a custom domain to a playlist on open.spotify.com but I am getting an error message stating that Spotify can't open the link. If you go to the URL below you should see what I am talking about. I have a Bitly link that is succe...

• Regular
  • I am trying to redirect a custom domain to a playlist on open.spotify.com but I am getting an error message stating that Spotify can't open the link. If you go to the URL below you should see what I ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • redirect
    URL
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Search API does not return tracks if the query is an artist name

GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/search When I use the above Spotify Web Search API with type=track and q={some artist name}, the API (usually) returns no results. For example, If I search "Cage the Elephant" or "Kanye West" the API will return no resu...

• Casual Listener
  • GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/search   When I use the above Spotify Web Search API with type=track and q={some artist name}, the API (usually) returns no results. For example, If I search "Ca...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    Search
    search artists
    Search failure
    search results
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

LOOKING FOR PLAYLIST INTRO API

Is there any spotify api which gets songs from a playlist than gets 5 - 10 sec for every song and mixing them together and create a intro or summary for playlist?If it is can some send me the link please If it isn't can some work for it could be awes...

• Composer
  • Is there any spotify api which gets songs from  a playlist than gets 5 - 10 sec for every song and mixing them together and create a intro or summary for playlist? If it is can some send me t...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

you can change song without primium

Please fix this.I can change the song on my computer and after that go to my mobile device and say "hear on this device" and then it will switch too the song i choose on the computer.

• Visitor
  • Please fix this. I can change the song on my computer and after that go to my mobile device and say "hear on this device" and then it will switch too the song i choose on the computer.
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • okay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Video Platform

I've heard Spotify now has a video upload platform, but I'm having a hard time finding much information on it. Am I mistaken? If the capability is there, our organization would like to start uploading our content. Any help on this topic would be appr...

• Visitor
  • I've heard Spotify now has a video upload platform, but I'm having a hard time finding much information on it. Am I mistaken?   If the capability is there, our organization would like to start...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Video On Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

404 Error when using Spotify API

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop Windows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to use the Spotify API server to server authentication and I keep getting a 404 error. I am using the correct client and secret id and have gone t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to use the Spotify API server to server authentication and I keep gett...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 3d Party App Streaming and Monetization Question

Hello - i plan to make a mobile app that will have original catalog of chill and relax songs. With possibility to log in via Spotify account in to my app, users will be able to stream and create playlists.The questions are: 1. Are the streams monetiz...

• Visitor
  • Hello - i plan to make a mobile app that will have original catalog of chill and relax songs. With possibility to log in via Spotify account in to my app, users will be able to stream and create play...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer question integrating spotify in mobile app
    development
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

API: problem using Spotify Connect device as source after it was used by other account

Hi,I've integrated a Denon AVR with Spotify Connect into my smarthome. I have some problems when this device was last used by another account. To fix that I have to select it as a source from any native app with my account and after that I can use it...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've integrated a Denon AVR with Spotify Connect into my smarthome. I have some problems when this device was last used by another account. To fix that I have to select it as a source from any n...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

API key download

PlanPremium My Question or Issuei'm trying to set this up, https://github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web/blob/master/README.md , on a raspberry pi. It says i need to download an API key but the dasbord for developers only shows a API key to coppy an...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue i'm trying to set this up, https://github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web/blob/master/README.md , on a raspberry pi. It says i need to download ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API key download
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search for users

PlanPremiumMy Question or IssueHi, im a developer and i would like to know if i can search users via Web API in my app. I've looked for docs but couldn't find it. There is /me/following endpoint to follow a user. And /users/{user_id} for fetching use...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium My Question or Issue Hi, im a developer and i would like to know if i can search users via Web API in my app. I've looked for docs but couldn't find it. There is /me/following endpoin...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Search
    webapi
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote control desktop app with Play Button

Hi everyone, Previously it was possible to remote control the desktop app with the Play Button on a webpage, but as I've read here this is unfortunately removed.: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2018/07/19/new-updates-to-spotify-play-but...

• Hi everyone,   Previously it was possible to remote control the desktop app with the Play Button on a webpage, but as I've read here this is unfortunately removed.:   https://devel...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tag local audio files with Spotify infromations

Hi,I'm looking for a way to tag local audio files with spotify id3 tags and audio features ?Here's an explanation about the Audio Features on Spotify website and how to retrieve these data : https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/referen...

• Hi, I'm looking for a way to tag local audio files with spotify id3 tags and audio features ? Here's an explanation about the Audio Features on Spotify website and how to retrieve these data : http...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dev api tag
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

logging a single user via Spotify app with required scope at backend

Hello! I have a Spotify app and want to get user's(same account from which the app is created) access token at back end and use that token for web api access. Is it possible? Or can I fix access token(of the user) at back end, once generated and refr...

• Visitor
  • Hello!           I have a Spotify app and want to get user's(same account from which the app is created) access token at back end and use that token for web api access. Is i...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • OAuth
    sign-in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes