Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

duration_ms is missing in WebPlaybackTrack object

PlanPremiumCountryJapan My Question or Issue Hello.I develop a web client app of Spotify using Web Playback SDK. There seems to be duration_ms prop in WebPlaybackObject. (green underlined part of the image below) WebPlaybackTrack object But, in Web P...

playback-sdk-track-object.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Japan   My Question or Issue   Hello. I develop a web client app of Spotify using Web Playback SDK.   There seems to be duration_ms prop in WebPlaybackOb...
  • nokazn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • doc
    web playback sdk
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API/Oauth -- "Login with Spotify For Artists"?

Hi there -- I'm working on a project using the Spotify API (among others), and a big piece of it is verifying that a user signing up as a Spotify Artist is who they say they are. Spotify's API absolutely offers the ability to log in via Oauth, but ne...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there -- I'm working on a project using the Spotify API (among others), and a big piece of it is verifying that a user signing up as a Spotify Artist is who they say they are. Spotify's ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Job+idea

Dear Sir/MadamHi there I am messaging to want to share an idea with you guys which could change the way people listen to music. I am trying to develop my own app and was wondering if you had time to listen to my ideas privately and promise to not sha...

• Visitor
  • Dear Sir/Madam Hi there I am messaging to want to share an idea with you guys which could change the way people listen to music. I am trying to develop my own app and was wondering if you had time...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    idea
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Broken integration with AppleScript

Hi this has been broken for a few weeks could we please get an update? Ty https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/You-broke-AppleScript-Again/td-p/4937134

• Casual Listener
  • Hi this has been broken for a few weeks could we please get an update? Ty   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/You-broke-AppleScript-Again/td-p/4937134
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Returned Language Codes are Not ISO 639

According to Spotify Object Model, Episode objects contain a languages property that is a list of ISO 639 language codes. This is a lie. In reality they can contain country codes too, such as en-US or en-GB. However, there is no documentation or expl...

• According to Spotify Object Model, Episode objects contain a languages property that is a list of ISO 639 language codes. This is a lie. In reality they can contain country codes too, such ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution playlist in a playlist

Wondering if anyone can tell me how to make a playlist within a playlist? In the API Reference Endpoint page, 'add items to a playlist' lists optional query parameters 'uri' and 'position'. Position obviously wont help me here but in the uri 'value' ...

• Casual Listener
  • Wondering if anyone can tell me how to make a playlist within a playlist?   In the API Reference Endpoint page, 'add items to a playlist' lists optional query parameters 'uri' and 'position'. ...
  • dbwhy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Save Albums for Current User" endpoint returns a different response code than the documents.

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyPlatformSpotify API with Python Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuehttps://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/library/save-albums-user/Looking at this document, if the process is successful, the ...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Platform Spotify API with Python  Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/referenc...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Snapshot Retention for Playlists

Hi There! I'm trying to re-order the tracks inside some playlists (by date). To have an easier concurrency handling, I'm using the snapshot_id (before re-ordering) for all api requests I'm doing. Unfortunately, this causes an HTTP Error with a 502 Ba...

• Hi There!    I'm trying to re-order the tracks inside some playlists (by date). To have an easier concurrency handling, I'm using the snapshot_id (before re-ordering) for all api requests...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    web-api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Authorization Code Flow: 500 Internal Server Error at initial step of authorization

Let me preface this by saying I am new to working with APIs and making requests. I am running a website with via flask on an AWS EC2 instance with ubuntu 20.04 (not sure if this will help but just to give as much info as possible). So far I have been...

• Let me preface this by saying I am new to working with APIs and making requests.   I am running a website with via flask on an AWS EC2 instance with ubuntu 20.04 (not sure if this will help bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Make Dislike Button available everywhere.

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically point 4 "Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue". For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-An...

• This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically point 4 "Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue". For more information please rea...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Due to lack of transparency, our team will no longer use Spotify Web API.

See my many other topics to understand why. Spotify only responds to cut-and-dry questions, does not reply to any issues on their repositories, and has no channels for developer support. This forum is structured in a way that buries unanswered questi...

• Gig Goer
  • See my many other topics to understand why. Spotify only responds to cut-and-dry questions, does not reply to any issues on their repositories, and has no channels for developer support. This forum i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

API for uploading custom music to Spotify

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceAnyOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI'm trying to build an app where users can submit their own music/artwork to Spotify (avoiding middleman companies like CDBaby) and then this music would be available to all ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Any Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I'm trying to build an app where users can submit their own music/artwork to Spotif...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Storing users' data

Hi, we want to integrate with Spotify API to develop a feature which would allow our users to discover their personality traits based on the music they listen to. For this reason we would have to store Spotify's users' data on our side for all of the...

• Visitor
  • Hi, we want to integrate with Spotify API to develop a feature which would allow our users to discover their personality traits based on the music they listen to. For this reason we would have to sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Get top tracks API: returned in order of popularity?

Hi! I'm calling the Get Top Artists and Tracks API and I'm wondering if the results are returned in order of affinity. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm calling the Get Top Artists and Tracks API and I'm wondering if the results are returned in order of affinity. Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution api to delete playlist

I have used a plugin for a while that makes copies of weekly recommendations, however i now have so many playlists that i would like to be able to delete playlist, i coulldnt find it in the api, yet using the browser on open.spotify.com it can be don...

• I have used a plugin for a while that makes copies of weekly recommendations, however i now have so many playlists that i would like to be able to delete playlist, i coulldnt find it in the api, yet ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify API with Snapchats API?

Hi, I got the chance to participate in the Ramp-up 2020 and I have a question.I'm thinking of using Spotify's API with Snapchats, is that possible?I can't find anything online, it would have been a great help if you could help me. Thinking of mixing ...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I got the chance to participate in the Ramp-up 2020 and I have a question. I'm thinking of using Spotify's API with Snapchats, is that possible? I can't find anything online, it would ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ramp_up 2020
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Embed playlist into custom app without authentication

OK this might be an incredibly stupid question.I am making a video game for a well know musician. In the game we want to stream some of the musicians latest songs. We want to stream this from spotify and we want the streams to count towards riaa cert...

• Visitor
  • ...he general public stream my music without them having to be signed in? 
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embedding
    game
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Integrate Spotify music playback with complete song in a website using premium subscription plan

Hello team, I have a website, where I did HTML embedded to play my custom playlist song on the website, unfortunately, the Music play only for 30secs in embedded HTML iframe! and then, contacting support which was limitation over the playback, But I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello team,   I have a website, where I did HTML embedded to play my custom playlist song on the website, unfortunately, the Music play only for 30secs in embedded HTML iframe! and then,&n...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS SDK Session Manager sometimes puts the Spotify app into an unrecoverable state.

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 11Operating System: iOS 13 Sometimes when calling STPSessionManager.initiateSession(...) with a playURI specified in the options, the session is initiated successfully but music does not play...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 11 Operating System: iOS 13   Sometimes when calling STPSessionManager.initiateSession(...) with a playURI specif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes