Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

6 month free trial not eligible? Xbox game pass

Solved!

6 month free trial not eligible? Xbox game pass

Plan

Free/ trying to get Premium

Country

United States

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Just got the email about the 6 month free trial from Xbox Game Pass but when I try to redeem it I get "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you." I have never had Premium before so not sure exactly why this issue is occurring.

I signed up for the Xbox Game Pass through my PC if that helps any.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just got this error too.

Are you using Chrome by any chance? I clicked the link through Edge (ie. nu-Explorer), and it worked!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

I just got this error too.

Are you using Chrome by any chance? I clicked the link through Edge (ie. nu-Explorer), and it worked!

Firefox, I will try this in a bit.

Worked, thank you.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Tried Edge without success.

Any other ideas?

Hi,

Please can you send me the link for firefox or edge

Hey @MNoamanF,

Do you mind trying to open the link for the offer in an incognito window in your browser?

If that doesn't work, you can type "download Firefox" into your search engine and try it on there.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

I'm also having this issue. I've just created an account to sign up for this (not had premium before) and when I click on 'Start Trial' it says "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you."

It seems to acknowledge I've not had premium before as it offers a free 3month trial, but I'd obviously prefer the 6month trial offered on Xbox. On Xbox it said the code needed to be claimed by 4th January and redeemed by the 10th January (oddly though when I follow the link, the Spotify website says I've until 1st October to redeem it?!).

So far I've tried the link on Firefox, Chromium, Vivaldi,(on Linux) and Edge (on the Xbox). I've even tried using the Tor browser and proxies on the browsers mentioned, all without success. I've tried the incognito suggestion with no luck on Linux, not sure if incognito's possible on the Xbox Edge browser. I'm in the UK.

Hey there @edbox,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Keep in mind that this offer is currently available for users in the United States and the United Kingdom for users who haven't had Premium in the past.

If you're eligible but you're seeing this error message, we'd first recommend making sure that: 

• You haven't already redeemed the offer in your account - you can double check this here
  • You haven't redeemed the offer on a different Spotify account by following the steps in this Spotify Answer

If you check these and you're still having troubles, rest assured that our tech teams are aware and currently looking into this.

In the meanwhile, try redeeming the offer by opening an incognito or private window in your browser and pasting this link https://www.spotify.com/claim/xbox/?code=XXXXXXXXXXreplacing the last part (XXXXXXXXXX) with the 10-digit code provided.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to lend a hand if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

same issue has been happening to me, it still doesn't work. i've tried on incognito, on firefox, but none of these work. i haven't already claimed it either.

Hey there @itztsunami,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

First, we'd recommend making sure that you are an eligible user in the US or UK and haven't had Premium (or a trial) in the past.

If you are and you're still having troubles, could you give the following a try on a different device (preferable desktop) and/or network connection:

1. Open an incognito or private window in your browser
  2. Paste this link https://www.spotify.com/claim/xbox/?code=XXXXXXXXXX - make sure to replace the last part (XXXXXXXXXX) with the 10-digit code provided from Xbox.

If the issue persists, it'd be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the error message you see when trying to redeem it - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

When redeeming the code through Xbox there is a QR code that I can scan, but I don’t know where to scan the QR code. I am still having trouble getting the premium when I enter the link, through mobile and on Xbox’s Edge.

Suggested posts