Post might be a little long, I just want to give all the info and all the steps of what I have tried to do to resolve this...
1. Had a bad gateway error on Hulu's website when trying to sign up for Hulu a few months ago when I saw I had free access through my premium sub.
2. Been away for a few months working in a location with no internet.
3. Get home and try to log into hulu, which on Spotify, says is active and redirects me to the Hulu login page where I am instructed to login.
4. NONE of my 3 e-mails work for logging in. I tried using Hulu's various options for account recovery, and none worked (no e-mails exist on their end).
5. I call Hulu to see if they can help me find my account info. No dice. I give them my birthdate, payment info (for spotify), all 3 e-mail accounts, name etc... I even realized that my spotify account is one I signed up with for facebook, so I provide them with the random number that was assigned as my spotify acct #... they find NOTHING. There is NO connection to my spotify account and Hulu. I had 3 people working on this with me, and we were on the phone for an hour. No resolution they could provide, I simply don't exist.
6. I go back to Spotify and cancel my premium sub that I was grandfathered into for hulu and spotify, and instead sign up for the student sub, hoping this will fix my issue.
7. I activate Showtime with no issue, but Hulu... no dice. When I click on the link I found in the forums to activate hulu, whether I choose A) I am new to Hulu or B) I already have an account (I don't) I get this message: