Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads during podcasts

Ads during podcasts

Plan

Premium

Issue

I get Spotify ads during podcasts even though I have premium. When is this bug going to get fixed?

2 Replies

Hey @Zauxst,

Thanks for posting about this on our Community!

Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast.

You can find more info on this here. We understand that many of the creators that you're listening to seem to be using that option but that is not something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We see that you have posted an idea about changing that and it's marked as new which means that people can vote for it and show their support.

You can learn more about how ideas reach the right teams here.

Hope this explains the situation. We'll be here if you have any other questions. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

A family member on my plan ran into the same issue today. They were told by customer service Spotify only has no ads on music, and sometimes they will play their own ad in addition to the podcast creator ads. I have no issue with the embedded ads, but what I have a problem with is Spotify doubling their own ads on top of embedded ads???? That feels like something that should not happen on a Premium sub, especially on top of a podcast they also own. Even more so when it is cheaper to listen on Apple podcasts for FREE without them putting on their own ads, or subscribing to a cheaper podcast platform is an option as well.

Suggested posts