Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Already used 4 years of my Student subscription, but my account is only 3 years old.

Already used 4 years of my Student subscription, but my account is only 3 years old.

Hi my name is Michael.

In 2018 I began my first year of university and a few of my friends told me Spotify has a discount for student, you only have to prove each year that you're a student. I applied for the student discount and since November 2018 I am subscribed to 'Premium for Students'. I only have to show Spotify each year that I am a student.

For the first 2 years, I showed Spotify that I'm still studying, but since December 2020 I could not apply for the student discount anymore. Whenever I try to show that I am in fact a student, Spotify keeps sending the message: 'you already used this promotion' (see attachment). I only used it for 2 years, but if I'm correct, it should be eligible for 4 years.

I can't apply for 'Premium for Students' anymore, but I should be and since December 2020 until today, July 2021, I've paid for the regular 'Spotify Premium', while it should've been 'Premium for Students'.

My questions are: How can I resolve this problem so I can get access to 'Premium for Students' and is there a possibility for a refund for the past months for not being able to show Spotify I am still a student?

Capture.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @Oneol,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

It sounds like you may have verified your Student Status for another Spotify account. We recommend following the steps here to locate any possible secondary accounts that might exists. Make sure to check the spam folders of all your existing email addresses as well. Once the account is located you can use these steps to transfer your music collection there and activate a premium student subscription here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts