Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can I Use a Prepaid card when i have a card associated?

Can I Use a Prepaid card when i have a card associated?

Hello! I'm on vacation, and since I couldn't find a prepaid gift card (that I usually use) I associated my account with a prepaid visa with 7€, so I could use my premium till I'm back home. However, I have quite a big prepaid card back at home that I'd like to use. Can I still use prepaid spotify premium cards even though I have a card number associated with my account?

Thank you in advance!

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

4 Replies

Hey @biagranado, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For this, you would have to change your payment method following these steps (as you aren’t able to have two payment methods on the same account). Spotify does accept pre-paid cards issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.

There is also some more information on the payment methods that Spotify offer in this support article.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello! 

Thank you for your answer, but I think I should rephrase my question, I realise now I may not have been clear.

I usually use those cards you can buy at stores (7€/21€/42€) that give you codes which you can redeem. However I recently payed for a month of premium using a prepaid visa card,  that I don't plan on using anymore after this one time purchase. Now my question is if with that payment detail, I can still use the cards with redeemable codes.

Thank you and apologies for not being clear the first time around!

Hello!

Thank you for your answer, but I think I should rephrase my question, I realise now I may not have been clear.

I usually use those cards you can buy at stores (7€/21€/42€) that give you codes which you can redeem. However I recently payed for a month of premium using a prepaid visa card, that I don't plan on using anymore after this one time purchase. Now my question is if with that payment detail, I can still use the cards with redeemable codes.

Thank you and apologies for not being clear the first time around!

Hey @biagranado,

No problem! Thanks for clarifying what you were trying to ask. 

Yes, even if you have a prepaid visa card as your primary payment method, you can always purchase gift cards and redeem to your account. You can purchase them in major retail stores or electronic stores, and you can redeem your gift card here.

The gift card is applied to your subscription payments starting on your next payment date. Your payments continue normally after the full gift card amount is spent. More information on how gift cards work can be found in this support article.

Hopefully this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts