Announcements

Can I convert my Family plan to Duo without losing playlists?

Solved!

Can I convert my Family plan to Duo without losing playlists?

adelestreak

I currently have a Family plan but it's just me and my dad, so I want to convert to Duo instead. But I'm worried about whether or not his playlists will migrate over to the new Duo plan since it seems I'd have to re-invite him to the new plan? Not sure if his data will get deleted or lost when switching subscriptions. I figure as the account manager, my user data in the Family plan will automatically merge/transfer over to the Duo plan, but I'm not sure if the same applies for my dad since he is an invited/secondary member on my account. Is it possible to convert my Family plan to Duo without losing any playlists for either user?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

TreyAnastasio

Hi @adelestreak,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music.

You can change your plan from Premium Family to Premium Duo by following these steps:

1. Log into your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Select Spotify Premium Duo.

At your next payment date, your billing and account will switch to the Premium Duo plan, and your dad’s account will switch to the free plan. You can then invite your dad to the new Premium Duo plan by following the steps in this support article.

Bear in mind to accept the invite, the other member must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

TreyAnastasioSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

TreyAnastasio

Hi @adelestreak,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music.

You can change your plan from Premium Family to Premium Duo by following these steps:

1. Log into your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Select Spotify Premium Duo.

At your next payment date, your billing and account will switch to the Premium Duo plan, and your dad’s account will switch to the free plan. You can then invite your dad to the new Premium Duo plan by following the steps in this support article.

Bear in mind to accept the invite, the other member must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this FAQ article.

robopilot

Trey, the support article you linked to as "support article" is a dead link. Can you update that link please?

TreyAnastasio

Hi @robopilot,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

I've updated the link to the support article about inviting the other member to a Premium Duo plan; thank you for letting me know that this link needed to be updated.

Suggested posts

Env: prod