Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Redeem Free Google Home Mini

Solved!

Can't Redeem Free Google Home Mini

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro Early 2013

Operating System

MacOS

My Question or Issue

I'm a current family plan owner and have been for at least a year now. However I'm trying to redeem the offer for the free google home mini and I seem unable to do so. Is there a special way for already existing owners to redeem their mini?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Premium for Family and Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada where users can grab a Google Home Mini with Premium (Premium for Family and Student subscriptions are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but if you have any other questions feel free to start a new one in our help section.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

58 Replies

Hey @fragilebroccoli,

Please provide some more info about your issue. Why are you unable to claim one? Are you seeing any error messages?

Any additional info could be very helpful. 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here! Cant claim mine.

i Get an error that says im not eligible for offer, and I know i am because they take 15 bucks a month from me. 

@Maxim,

I'm having the same issue. When I click the "Get Started" button, I am greeted with this error. Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.47.26 AM.pngI've been a Spotify Premium Family member for more than 2 years.

Thanks,

Tim

I am also getting the message:

It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you.

Give it a try at https://www.spotify.com/googlehome/register/ 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Awesome, that works! 

I also have a family sub, but the link says I'm not eligible for the offer. Any ideas?

Oh awesome. That link worked.

Appears that the "Get Started" button brings you to the wrong location. I used this link https://www.spotify.com/googlehome/register/ (Credit to @Maxim)

Had the same problem. https://www.spotify.com/googlehome/register/ seemed to work. Or at least I got to a page telling me:

You've reserved your Google Home Mini

We'll email you at *snip* as soon as your device is available.

I was able to reserve and then got a notice that the mini was available,
I was taken to a purchase page where I was able to order the product and
got a confirmation my order had been placed and was in stock.

I received the email saying my Mini is reserved and a link to order it But when I click the link it takes me to Spotify and then it takes me to the Google store, but I cannot purchase the Mini. I live in the US but India is the country that it defaults to in the Google store. Makes no sense. If I change the country to the US, and I put a Mini in the cart, it's full price. 

It should discount at checkout it did for me just now.

Yeah, I had the same problem... I am currently in Spain but I live in the US and it just takes me to the Spanish page and there is no discount applied at checkout.

My issue is that I have received an email saying my Google Home Mini awaits, and click "Get it now".  However the link brings me to Google store, but there is no discount, no code, no special link for Spotify, etc.  How do I get my "free" Mini???  What's the catch?

For those currently out of the US that don't see the discount applied at checkout because Google defaults to the local country where you currently are, I ended up using a VPN to "appear" in the US and then clicked on the "Get it Now" in the email from Spotify. Then everything worked like a charm.

Who does the email come from - I have completed the request a week or so ago and hadn't seen an email - just want to make sure I don't miss it as spam or something...

Thanks!

Dont know..Still nothing here either.

I'm a current family plan. However I redeem the offer for the free google home mini and it said it was shipping out next week, but I never got an email. Now when I try to redo it it says it will cost me $53.04. Is there a special way for already existing owners to redeem their mini?

Suggested posts