Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelling student subscription and then asking for it again

Solved!

Cancelling student subscription and then asking for it again

I had this question and couldn't find a good answer anywhere, let's say that I decide to cancel my student subscription or that I don't renew it when it ends (and also cancel normal premium) and then some months later I ask for it again sending the documents needed, can I still get the discount or not?

The reason I'm asking is that I was thinking about getting the discount but I know that I won't be a student when it will end, however later on I will go back to being one and I read on the page for student verification on a friend's account that if you don't prove that you are a student when the discount ends then you will lose it.

I don't understand if that means that you will lose it forever and won't be able to ask for it again or it just means that it will switch to regular premium and so I will be able to get it again later on 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @B4Sound,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes - you should be able to re-apply for the student discount at anytime since you haven't used it for 4 years. 

Of course, if you have any issues while re-applying for the student discount at anytime, just let me know, and I'll be happy to help 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @B4Sound, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To confirm and make things simple - you want to know if you cancel your Premium for Students subscription, and then in a few months when you get your verification info and resubscribe - will it work?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes, I do realize that my first post was a bit confusing but english is not my first language and I tried my best to explain the whole situation.

To make it short I want to know if I will be able to ask for a second student discount even if I don't renew the discount period when the first year pass and also cancel my premium subscription (I don't want to pay the whole 10 euros, my idea was to just use a free account for some months and then ask again for the student plan)

Marked as solution

Hey @B4Sound,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes - you should be able to re-apply for the student discount at anytime since you haven't used it for 4 years. 

Of course, if you have any issues while re-applying for the student discount at anytime, just let me know, and I'll be happy to help 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts