Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

@SaschaJames

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@ssmenale

Para desvincular tu tarjeta necesitas hacer lo siguiente:

1. Ir a la pagina de subscription --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Dar click ACTUALIZAR DETALLES. Si aparece abajo 'Quisieras cancelar tu subscripcion?' dar click alli para cancelar.

3. Seleccionar la casilla de 'Quitar', y click en el boton 'Cambiar',

Nota: Si tienes Premium activo no vas a poder eliminar los datos de pago. Por eso es importante cancelar la subscripcion antes de dar click en ACTUALIZAR DETALLES. Seguiras siendo Premium hasta que hayas usado los dias que ya has pagado.
osorniosSpotify Star

Please change my payment credit card. The one you have on file has been cancelled.

The new card is a VISA. Card #****-****-****-**** Expires **/**!

Hey @roadsterron,

You can update your payment credit card by going to your Subscription page and clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks
I did just that👍

Got new debit card need to give new number

changing payment info DOES NOT WORK.  it ADDS payment..so now spotify charges my credit card AND paypal account.  i'm having a lot of trouble getting a response from spotify.

i'm worried if i cancel subscription then reinstall, i will lose my playlists, etc.

Hey @Utopiara,

You need to go to your Subscription page and click UPDATE DETAILS.

In there you'll be able to put the new card info.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @shandyleegabree,

Do you get Spotify email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged twice, it probably means you're paying more than one account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

BTW, cancelling doesn't remove your playlists. Your music and settings are stored in the cloud. You would lose your offline downloads though.

osorniosSpotify Star

I lost my credit card, so had to cancel it. I won't have my new card for 2 weeks, & would hate for my subscription to be cancelled. I will update my payment info as soon as I receive my new card.

Ok, I changed my user ID. I need to change payment method how do I do this?

Hey @Lemire45,

You need to go to your Subscription page. In there, click UPDATE DETAILS to input your new payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Changing credit card

Changing credit card

My Preumium account stopped working and my log-in also no longer works. As a result i had to start another free account in order to contact you.  I can find no means available to contact you by phone.  The log-in indicates an incorrect password even though i am positive it is the correct password.  When i try to reset the password, an email is supposed to be sent with a termporary password, but no email ever arrives.  I am at a loss for what to do next. 

Hey @edclerico,

Log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this contact form. Someone from Spotify will be happy to help you get back to your account.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the Community, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

When I click on Subscriptions I don't get the change details option ... it says "Premium Free"

In fact it says "Try Premium Free" and not update payment details. I only want to input my new credit card details before my account gets cancelled

Hey @Cheekymonkey,

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you will be able to update your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts