Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

altancred
Visitor

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Katerina

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd recommend checking the steps to update your payment information in this support site article.

Keep in mind that any changes you make will take effect on your next payment.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to take a look there.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

300 Replies
Solution!

Katerina

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd recommend checking the steps to update your payment information in this support site article.

Keep in mind that any changes you make will take effect on your next payment.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to take a look there.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

_50-ll63lfjq7

I bought a visa gift card and I tried to purchase premium it won’t work I’ve tried everything there’s no telephone support but Twitter?! That’s pretty ghetto I’ve never had this problem before I even called visa and they said my prepaid card is good!

4i_hf1-7a9qat

My credit card expired and thus my Spotify account as well. I have since changed the card and have been charged, but I still can’t access my account. I am traveling abroad right now and I need my music to work off WiFi! Please help. 

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @4i_hf1-7a9qat

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

shi666
Casual Listener

I'm not able to update my payment info. When I try to "Cancel Premium" to see if that would work, it says "Oops Something went wrong", and that's it. Nothing's happening. I don't want it to charge the card on file. 

Untitled.png

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @shi666

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

shi666
Casual Listener

I've tried incognito, I've tried different browser. I've tried my phone. I've tried my work computer. Same thing always 

😕

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@shi666

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosRock Star 24

twiener
Casual Listener
Is anyone from Spotify who can fix this problem listening?

ggg_-duoybmbq

Hi -

I was going to change my credit card # on my student account but it charged me $9.99 for regular Spotify. I would like my money back and I would like to change my credit card # and still be charged for a student discount. 

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ggg_-duoybmbq

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

twiener
Casual Listener

When I click on Subscriptions, the menu does not include "payment details" or anything like that.

Francenzo
Casual Listener

Hi,

I need to change the credit card settings. 

I'm in "Subscription" but I can't find any UPDATE  button.

I can click only on CHANGE OR CANCEL; clicking on it I can only change my plan.

Please advise .. 

Thanks

nu584vjv1o9che1
Casual Listener
I had to cancel my subscription and apply again.

Dumb don't know why Spotify doesn't fix this,

Francenzo
Casual Listener

Finally solved it finding the proper link on an old post.

https://www.spotify.com/payment/change

alemdeh

Hi, 

I am trying to change the country (it appears in light gray and does not let me change it) I tryed cancelling the suscription and it does not let me anyway... 

I tryed changing my credit card but once I do it it does not allow me as my new credit card and country must match! but I cannot change the country! 

HEEEELP please

pennos93

Hi, 

I have recently cancelled my bank card due to it going missing! 
I have ordered a new card and waiting for it to arrive in the mail. 
At this same time my account was due for payment... how do i make sure my account doesnt get cancelled becasue i can not pay it with in the next few days! 

How long is the period of missed payment? 

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hello @pennos93

Check your account page to see when your premium subscription is ending.

Once that date comes, your account will revert back to Spotify Free.

If it's individual Premium, I suggest to buy a giftcard for you to use in your account before your current subscription ends. If it's a Family subscription, you'll have to wait for the new card to arrive to resubscribe.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

user-removed
Not applicable

I woud like to change my credit card number but I can't find the link to do so

jonny99
Songwriter

Go to your spotify acount. Then click on manage plan under your subscription information and when your card will be debited. There you should be able to change your card informationby clicking update. If this doesn´t work spotify still haven´t managed to solve the problem with updating cardinformation. Maybe you should send an e-mail to suport@spotify.com and describe your problem and get help. It worked for me and hopefully they will help you to.  You could also try the other suggestions given in this thread.

SUGGESTED POSTS