Changing credit card

Solved!
Highlighted
4 people liked this

Changing credit card

‎2013-05-03 10:56 PM

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

14 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
7 people liked this

Re: Changing credit card

Community Legend
‎2013-05-03 11:01 PM

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You can visit your subscriptions page then select 'change payment method or card details'. Follow the steps from there and your payment details will be changed.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
2 people liked this

Community Legend
‎2014-12-08 12:23 PM
Yes, your payment card and Spotify registered country must match.

I suspect you may have issues with MBNET, we have seen it before as when you set up a Spotify subscription there are normally two charges, one for 0.00 to verify the card exists then another payment for Premium.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1 person liked this

‎2016-04-07 04:06 PM

It doesn't give me that option.  It looks like I'm signing up for the first time.

3 people liked this

Rock Star 21
‎2016-04-20 06:20 PM

@urtabajev

Why don't you delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether? You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

What I'm suggesting you do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

4. Change country to EE in your Spotify profile. (I suppose you're already in Estonia)

5. Subscribe to Premium with new payment info.

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

The country in your profile and payment info must match. That's why you're having problems.
osorniosRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Casual Listener
‎2016-05-20 08:57 AM

Hello there,

after having some problems with PayPal I tried to change my method of payment to credit card. Typed in my data (correctly), country matches (germany), no success, the "error message" blames it on the credit card company, so I called them but no luck either, they saw Spotify demanding 0€ to check the existence of the credit card, everything accepted, but then it seems to crash everytime.

Is there anybody who has experienced similar kind of problems or just happens to know a solution?

4 people liked this

Casual Listener
‎2016-06-02 01:44 PM

Canceling the subscription is the only solution that I found to changing credit cards. I tried three times over 6 weeks and no luck. Maybe I renew and maybe I don't. Spotify needs to jolt their support guy (there must be only one) and get him to change this.

Edited
Casual Listener
‎2016-07-15 03:27 PM

Please change my payment credit card. The one you have on file has been cancelled.

The new card is a VISA. Card #****-****-****-**** Expires **/**!

Rock Star 21
‎2017-02-03 11:35 PM

Hey @John-baggott,

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. :)

osorniosRock Star 21

Edited
Casual Listener
‎2017-03-27 01:36 PM

New credit card

Rock Star 21
‎2017-05-02 10:29 PM

Hey @FotiRJ,

Seems like you're logging to the website with different credentials.

Do you get email receipts for your past subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

You can login to the website with that username, instead of email address, to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

osorniosRock Star 21

Regular
‎2017-05-11 05:26 PM

I got results after expelling the family from the family plan, but the service needs to improve, is leaving to be desired.

Those who have this problem try to remove the members of the family plan and then change the card, I was able to solve this way.

Rock Star 21
‎2017-06-20 12:33 AM

Hey @millieaco

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

osorniosRock Star 21
1 person liked this

Rock Star 21
‎2017-11-05 10:13 PM

Hey @NickNicoNico

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before updating it. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

osorniosRock Star 21

Re: Chang credit card

Rock Star 21
‎2018-01-13 12:27 AM

Hey @Princess7

osorniosRock Star 21
277 Replies
7 people liked this

Community Legend
‎2013-05-03 11:01 PM

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You can visit your subscriptions page then select 'change payment method or card details'. Follow the steps from there and your payment details will be changed.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
1 person liked this

‎2014-11-06 03:37 AM
I need to change credit card asap the credit card Spotify has on file its cancelled. I have been trying to leave this message on contact us but with no success until now I hope you get this message. Thank you

Community Legend
‎2014-11-06 10:54 AM
@Sambustos - Can you not change your card here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/

Peter

Edited
‎2014-12-05 02:09 PM

Hello,

Is there a limit/restriction on the amount of times I can change my credit card? Since I will be using MBNET, a service that creates a temporary card valid for one month, I will need to change it monthly. Do I risk getting my account blocked or canceled?

Thanks!

Edit: I'll also take the oportunity to ask if the credit card has to be from the same country as my account (I'm an expat living in Finland, while the MBNET service is from my Portuguese bank account).

2 people liked this

Community Legend
‎2014-12-08 12:23 PM
Yes, your payment card and Spotify registered country must match.

I suspect you may have issues with MBNET, we have seen it before as when you set up a Spotify subscription there are normally two charges, one for 0.00 to verify the card exists then another payment for Premium.

Peter

‎2015-08-24 10:01 PM

My credit card has expired and I need to change, but when I log in, the website defaults to the language of the country where I am working rather than English and I can't understand what's on the screen. It's been a few days since I got the email re payment failure- will I be ok till next weekend, or can I get the website to show me English?

5 people liked this

‎2015-10-07 08:05 AM

Hey,

I've been trying to change my credit card details but I keep on getting the message, "oops something has gone horribly wrong" and this has been happening for 3 nights now. I'm in danger of losing my Spotify premium account - what do I do??

2 people liked this

‎2016-02-13 06:49 PM
I had student discount account but my last make payment failed because my wallet was stolen so now I have a new credit card but when I'm trying to make payment using my new credit card it said something wrong with payment and I know my credit card is valid.
1 person liked this

‎2016-04-07 04:06 PM

It doesn't give me that option.  It looks like I'm signing up for the first time.