Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing payment date

Changing payment date

I signed up for Spotify premium with a student discount yesterday so now my monthly billing date will be on 24th of everything. I get paid on 28th so would like to change it to that. Does anyone know if I cancel it today then resubscribe on 28th will I be charged again?

2 Replies

Hi,

Here's a bit of information about payment dates:

'To change your billing date, first cancel your Premium subscription here. (You'll still have your account; it just reverts to Free when the time you've already paid for is up.)

Then, upgrade again to Premium on the date you’d like to be charged from then on.

As a head's up, your account will need to remain on our Free service until the date you'd like the new billing to start. If you upgrade before your previous billing cycle has ended, your billing date will remain the same as before.' 

There is an idea about this here so hop on over there and give it some Kudos!

Hope this helps!

Andy

Here's some additional info from the support page:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/change-subscription-renewal-date/

"Your billing date is on or around the same day of the month you first subscribed to Premium.

If you need to change your billing date:

1. Cancel your current billing cycle.
  2. Wait until your account reverts back to Free, then resubscribe to Premium on the day you’d like to be charged. You'll now be charged on or around this day each month. 

Note: Your account will need to remain on our Free service until the date you'd like the new billing to start. If you upgrade before your previous billing cycle has ended, your billing date will remain the same as before. 

Tip: You can view your billing date and manage your subscription on your account page."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts