Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for Subscription that I don't have

Charged for Subscription that I don't have

Hi, I received a text message at 2.11am this morning, saying "Thank you for your subscription of £9.99 for Spotify Premium from Spotify" etc, this charge has come off my payg O2 balance. I have never signed upto Spotify premium, have also checked my account and is still showing the free version. So what can I do about this? I've already phoned O2 who said I have to contact Spotify which is proving difficult, thanks in advance, Tracy
3 Replies

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the forums!

If the charge has been taken by O2 then I am afraid that they would be the ones you would need to discuss the charge with.

There is however some things we can check for in addition to this.

The first thing we can do is check here:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/why-am-i-being-charged/

Under the 'Don't have an account?' section.

If this is all in order I would recomend you take  a look here:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/pay-by-mobile/

Keep me updated!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, thanks, I was on live chat earlier regarding this and hopefully it will have been sorted. It wasn't me (or any of my family. I live alone) that subscribed and paid using my phone number, my mobile number isn't even on my Spotify account, I am still on the free service and have never had the Premium, which was confirmed on live chat with Spotify. A bit worrying really as still unsure who's used my phone to pay for their Premium Subscription. I've have spoke to O2 who have put a stop on it and have also refunded me the £9.99, so fingers crossed it won't happen again, thanks Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I am so glad you have got it resolved and have received a refund from O2!

From here it sounds as though you now have it all covered 🙂

The forums are always here if you ever need any help in the future. 

All the best!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts