Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit/Debit card is not supported for Indonesia as a payment method?

Credit/Debit card is not supported for Indonesia as a payment method?

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Pochophone F3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The payment method in Indonesia is only for e-wallets (Gopay, Dana) and Pay by mobile. I can't use Credit/Debit card? Is that expected?

17 Replies

Hey @bxcodec ,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

To see the payment methods available in your country or region, go to www.spotify.com/premium, and then proceed to checkout. (Rest assured you'll only be charged if you confirm the purchase)

Unfortunately, if the payment method you wish to use doesn't show up there, then this means that it's not available in your country. 😞

Hi thanks for the reply

Here my screenshot (attached) when I try to change my payment method, there's no credits/debit card

Screenshot_2022-01-28-00-20-37-950_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey @bxcodec,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Can you check if you see only these options if you try to change the payment method from another device or network connection? Also, let us know which type of subscription you're going for.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @alex,

I'm using local network provider Telkomsel, and I also have tried to use FirstMedia (ISP provider in my local) both displaying the same thing.

I'm using Premium plan for personal now. I'm trying to switch my payment method from Local Ewallet (Gopay like Paypal) to Credit/Debit card for better expense tracking.

Is there any other solutions?

Hi there @bxcodec,

Thanks for your reply 🙂 

In this case, would you mind trying from a different device to check if that makes the difference? 

If the issue persists, could try canceling your current subscription first? Once your account reverts to the free service, you should be able to re-subscribe using a credit or a debit card. No worries, you won't lose any of your saved content, you'll only need to re-download it once you subscribe to Premium again. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I'm facing a similar problem so I wanted to see if there were updates to this thread.

I've moved the account to the free service, but the issue persists and I cannot choose credit/debit card/PayPal as a payment method when I try to sign up again.

Some additional information:

• Using iOS
  • Previously had an account under Spotify US, but then moved it to Spotify Indonesia
  • Previous payment method was using Apple's App Store Subscription for many years
  • Trying to sign up for Spotify Premium Duo

Thank you

Hey @SK1988,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end when you're trying to pay with your credit card? Make sure not to send any private information.  

We'd also recommend to check if the issue persists if you use another device. If you're trying from you phone, make an attempt from your computer and vice versa.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

Thanks! Kindly find the attachment that shows the lack of payment options available.

Unfortunately the issue still persists eleven when I change devices.

04A2C991-BD51-4279-8FEB-F065621857A6.png

Hey @SK1988,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Would it be possible to also check with a different internet connection from a different provider?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there - unfortunately this also does not work. I've tried doing this both over wifi and over normal cellular connection, each with different providers.

The only thing that seems to work is if I make a new account. But this is highly un-preferable to me since I'd lose my history and playlists built up over years...

Hey @SK1988,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we think it wouldn't be necessary to create a new account, no worries. So, we recommend to cancel your subscription. Once you've done that, we'd suggest that you wait until your account is in our free service again on your next billing date. You can check that on you account page.

This could happen when you, for example, subscribe through your mobile carrier service. That being said, to be able to see other options to pay for your subscription, you'll need to cancel it and wait until it's free to resubscribe.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator

Hi, I also can't use debit card as my payment method even though it's one of the options in the payment method, whenever I click on debit card/credit card it always redirects me to Paypal payment, is this normal or is something wrong?

I tried on two devices, my Windows laptop and my Android phone, both are connected to the same, local ISP (Indihome) and both of them have the same result, though in my phone it would just fail to load the page for some reason

Hey @Toastyloo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried using the incognito window of the browser? If you're using a VPN connection, turn it off. Also try a different internet connection, if possible.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

None of those work, unfortunately, am I now just stuck with paypal payment or?

Hey @Toastyloo,

Thanks for the reply.

If the payment method you've chosen doesn't work and you've contacted your bank to clear possible bank-side obstacles after completing the proposed list of troubleshooting, you can use a different payment method, yes.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I had thought that the problem had been resolved, but apparently it hasn't been yet.

Hi! It’s also happened to me recently.

That sucks.

Suggested posts