Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DUO ISSUES

DUO ISSUES

Plan

Premium

Country

RSA

Device

Huawei P Smart Lite or some such swearword

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm about at my wit's end with Spotify to be honest. To get 'support' one must register and join a community, trawl through FAQ's and other tripe before you find that really your question hasn't been answered in anything recent - at least not in any way that helps you - and frankly I do not have time to sit mucking about through threads from 500 years ago trying to establish what the flowers is going on with my account. Frustrated is the very polite word for how I feel. 

I am paying for the Duo option every month, have been in Premium for a fair while.

Spotify is the ONLY platform I use for music though I'm honestly considering just canning it and finding something else but it is, regretably, affordable. But I shouldn't be struggling this much with something that should be pretty straightforward and that I'm paying for. Duo options don't even begin to feature on my account apart from my settings telling me I'm paying for that option. Wonderful.

So I removed my person - and re-added him hoping that would bump it into some sort of activity. Okay so we fix his side of things (iPhone). He can now (or could last week at least) see the Duo option. 

On my Android option phone :

I have signed out. Signed back in.

Uninstalled from both phone and desktop entirely. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Re-signed in. And yet... nothing. 

No point apologising for any inconvenience. I just need to sort out the issue and confirm what other fiery hoops I probably need to jump through, what dna samples to submit for verification, and what compensation there is for paying for something for ages now with no access for at least the last 3 or 4 months. Effectively paying for services NOT rendered. Smart making it nigh impossible to contact anyone directly.

Initially I had hoped it would sort itself out with an update. What dreams may come. 

6 Replies

THANK YOU! 

My boyfriend and I have been trying to figure out what is going on for over 2 weeks now. I love premium on its own (Somtimes) but this duo thing absolutely does not work. What's the point in paying for something that only gives you what you already had? -_-

Hey @RhiannonOset and @Hope4050 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

If the account has an active Premium subscription (or is part of a Family/Duo plan), the features would be shown in the app. This means that they might be logged into the wrong account.

In this case, I'd recommend that they should try the troubleshooting steps shown here as well as trying it from an incognito browser window, a different device, and/or a different internet connection.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply.

Yup I've done all those.

I logged out.

I logged in.

Signed out of everywhere and back in.

I only have one account.

Your plan

Spotify Premium Duo
Two separate Premium accounts for people who live together.

I removed my other half from the Duo Section - and re-added him and he re-accepted so it's showing on his side.

But I'm still 'duo'less. 

And I know what will happen - if cancel the duo and then reactivate the duo, by changing the plan, these buggers will charge me again. hahaha It's hopeless.

Hey @RhiannonOset ,

Thanks for letting me know.

In this case, it's best to reach out to Spotify's Customer Support team so that they can take a closer look at this 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm paying for the duo premium but I'm still getting advertisements on my phone

Hey @sandy821,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The Duo subscription should have the same Premium features. If you’re getting advertisements on your phone, it’s possible that you’ve logged in with a different account. Just to double check, could you log out and log back in using your email and password?

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if it happens on a different device?

Also, include in your next response if the advertisement is showing on your home screen or if it’s while listening to a podcast show or playlists.

We’ll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts