Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgrading to free, and upgrading to premium again

Solved!

Downgrading to free, and upgrading to premium again

Hi,

I'm on Family Premium right now, but considering downgrading to Free for a while.

My question is around going back to family - will my liked songs / playlists / offline be restored to as it is now, or will I have to recreate it all?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @RANSHE

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

No worries, changing your subscription doesn't affect your playlists and you will keep all your music. It's only the subscription status that will change. 

However, you won't be able to listen to music offline on Spotify Free and you'll have to download all the offline content again after resubscribing. 

To leave your current Family plan:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Here you can either switch to another Premium plan, or choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

Remember to use the correct account to resubscribe in order to keep all your music. 

Keep in mind that if you're the plan manager, all members of your plan will have their accounts reverted to Free if you cancel the subscription. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @RANSHE

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

No worries, changing your subscription doesn't affect your playlists and you will keep all your music. It's only the subscription status that will change. 

However, you won't be able to listen to music offline on Spotify Free and you'll have to download all the offline content again after resubscribing. 

To leave your current Family plan:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Here you can either switch to another Premium plan, or choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

Remember to use the correct account to resubscribe in order to keep all your music. 

Keep in mind that if you're the plan manager, all members of your plan will have their accounts reverted to Free if you cancel the subscription. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts