Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Expat with same payment method but obviously different country, so cannot activate Spotify Account.

Expat with same payment method but obviously different country, so cannot activate Spotify Account.

hello, 

i had a perfectly working premium account in belgium. When I moved to Malta, it was also functining since I kept my country in Spotify as Belgium. Now I would like to upgrade to a family account. In order for all users to have the same address which is Malta, I am required to change my country too from Belgium to Malta. The problem is when I change to Malta Spotify requires a new payment method, local! But I do not have a local account here and do not plan to open one. I tried to pay via Revolut and PayPal, same issue! How can I make Spotify accept my Belgian payment method while living in Malta to activate a family account! 

Thank you . 
Zen 

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

3 Replies

I used a Revolut virtual card ... hurray 

Hey, 

maybe the team can help you out with this special situation.

I do always contact @SpotifyCares via DM on Twitter. Helped me fast & very good in the past, here's the link. They can look into your payment stuff. 

Hope it works soon & you can enjoy your music 🙂

Link to @SpotifyCares: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Greets

Florian

Thank you Florian, I will. Meanwhile I used a virtual card on Revolut and it worked, but this is not a sustainable situation since I need to keep an eye on adding credit to Revolut. I’d rather indeed have my Spotify linked directly to my credit card. Thank you. 
cheers, 

Zen 

Suggested posts