Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extend Subscription After Using Gift Card

Extend Subscription After Using Gift Card

Hello,

I used gift cards to redeem my subscription so I don't need to pay until April 2021. But I just got an offer from my credit card company that I will get 1 month subscription reimbursed if I make a purchase with its card by February 2021. 

However I don't seem to have the option to extend my subscription in advance.  

Please help. Thanks. 

WX20201217-100115.png
5 Replies

Hey @chengyingjia, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help. 

Since you'll be entering your payment details, your subscription won't be extended because once the Premium time ends on the gift card ends, it'll automatically start processing payment through your credit card. 

You can also send me a screenshot or a link to the offer and I'll take a look at how the offer will work. Or, you can get in touch with them to see how the offer works.

I'll be here if you need help!  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy-J,

Not sure where my reply went. It might be detected as AD then removed? Please see the uploaded screenshot and see if you could see any clue to solve the issue. 

Thank you! 

screencapture-ebm-email-americanexpress-com-c-tag-hBf2nHPAQB6DpB93m7cNxcpSXoS-doc-html-1608187164243 (1).png

Hey @chengyingjia

Thanks for sending me the screenshot! 
You'll have to add your payment method to your account. You can manage your payment details following these steps. Since your gift card expires in April 2021, your Premium time will be used on that gift card. After April 2021, your payments will continue on the card. 

So, once you make one payment of 9.99 CAD on Spotify (a month after the gift card time expires), your credit card company will provide you with a statement credit on their end. If for some reason you don't get the credit after, then I'd recommend getting in touch with them for further help.

Hope this clears things up! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello Billy-J,

I have a credit card registered before redeeming the gift cards. I guess Spotify does not provide an option to manually submit a payment by Jan 31, 2021 so I won't be able to use the credit card offer. 

Still, thank you for sharing your ideas!

WX20201218-111310.png

Hey @chengyingjia

There isn't a way to manually submit payments when you're already using Premium Time from a gift card. I'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks stating this is something you'd like to see in the future. 

I'll be here if you need anything else or have further questions. Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts