Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Failed Payment for Premium

Failed Payment for Premium

I am trying to switch the payment method from my credit card to a new VISA debit card by Crypto.com. I am based in Singapore and the card is issued in Singapore. I have also enabled the card for international usage, just in case. The debit card is also funded with $150 (that should be enough for Spotify Premium).  

When I tried to change the card details to the Crypto.com VISA card, it just says "The payment failed" with no further details. I tried doing this on Edge and Chrome as well as incognito mode. Nothing works. 

Anyone experienced this? Or is able to help? Thank you. 

5 Replies

Hey @itwaswk ,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

As this is not a standard payment method Spotify supports, you should reach out to the payment provider (Crypto.com, in your case) for any help with issues. 

Note that in order to subscribe to Premium, the country of your card must match the current country your Spotify account is set to, which should be the country you're currently in.

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. I am in Singapore, and trying to sign up to Singapore Spotify with Crypto.com card. Always say payment failed.

I tried to pay through PayPal using the same card, and it fails there as well. Adding the card to PayPal works and I was able to verify my card with PayPal.

Hey @humadroid,

Thanks for the post.

You can have a look at this thread for more info on the matter. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me it was actually that i had to activate my Crypto.com visa card. After i activated the card itself and also activated international use of the card it was then ok to use here on Spotify. And also works on Paypal now. 

Has Spotify one time student plan been disabled? I paid and got a confirmation message from my service provider but didn't receive my Spotify receipt, and my account still reads free plan. It has been 2 days. 

Suggested posts