Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium (US) to Premium (India) - Unable to Update Location and Subscribe

Family Premium (US) to Premium (India) - Unable to Update Location and Subscribe

Plan

Family Premium

Country

US to India

I was the plan manager for my Family Sub in the US. I shifted to India and wanted to activate Premium here locally. My family plan is active till the 5th of July

I tried 2 things -

1) Cancelling the family and shifting to free - thought i'd change the plan to premium post the same. The account still seems locked to the US(can't edit profile location)

2) Updating payment method as suggested in the support article - Doesn't go through (i have a domestic card so that isn't an issue). Prompted by an error which says that the payment method and country don't match (which i'm assuming is my profile location which is still set tothe US)

Do i just wait until the 5th for it to be hopefully sorted or is there something else i can do to get it fixed sooner?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey there @conshescp!

Thanks for reaching out to us! We'll be happy to explain a bit more about what seems to be happening here.

Both options that you mention should be possible. If you cancel now your account should go to free on the 5th of July and you should be able to change your country settings.

You should also be able to update your payment method to change your country. Keep in mind that if you were able to change the payment method to one from India but your account is still set to the US, you'll need to wait until your next payment date so that the change will go into effect.

When your next payment goes through your new registered card, the account should sync up and you will be able to add your family members to the plan.

You can keep track of your subscription's status with the steps here.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Elena. Thank you for the prompt response.

The first option is a wait and see so i guess i'll find out on the 6th. The 2nd though is something that isn't quite working for me. I'm unable to save my Indian payment preference and am prompted by the error mentioned earlier. I'm guessing that it's because of the profile settings (as well as the premium family address) but not sure.

I guess the best option right now is to wait it our

Thanks for getting back to us @conshescp!

You're right, in either case you'll need to wait a bit before you'd be able to change your country.

When your account goes to free, it might be a good idea to use a different network and turn off your VPN if you're using one, to avoid any issues.

Feel free to reach out again, in case you have any trouble.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, Elena. Will do. 

Stay safe!

Suggested posts