Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forcing android users to pay for premium?

Forcing android users to pay for premium?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I haven't used the app in a few days and I just opened it up and no individual songs are showing? And yet no one else is talking about this for some reason? Millions of people use this app for free. How am I the only one talking about it? Forcing people to pay for Premium just so they can pick what song they want to listen to? What kind of garbage is that? And yet you're out here saying that this is what people wanted? What is wrong with you? I use Spotify Free because I can't afford even $10 a month more. Are you suddenly telling all the free users we don't even deserve music with ads? That's sure what it looks like. Not to mention how suspicious it is that in a normal google search you can't find a single one of us talking about it.

Edit: You know, it's interesting. I've been looking into this for an hour and getting more and more angry about it, and I changed my search one last time to "spotify free is garbage". Suddenly I'm finding everyone talking about it. But no one at Spotify cares, do you? You shut down people who are expressing their anger about this with a generic, meaningless reply and links to how to fix it only if they have Premium. Great job, guys. I can almost guarantee that you just lost 70% of your millions of free listeners. You sure as **bleep** lost me.

1 Reply

Hey @IndecisiveLyric,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you would like to be able to choose any song on demand while being on Free, you can start a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it. Once your idea has received enough support, Spotify will take a look at your idea.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts