Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Solved!

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Hello Spotify,
People may have asked you the same question, but I need a full understandment. I've just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod and I got the 48 hour free trial plan. Now, what would exactly happen once the free trial is over? Will I still be able to listen to Spotify on my iPod or will the app automatically shut down? Will I also be charged if I don't cancel my free trial before the 48 hours? Now, I guess I should also say that I have a Spotify free account on my computer without this app.

Thanks for your moment!
152 Replies

Hey @3mily1 @Berkley_h

Once your trial ends, all your downloads will disappear, but you'll be able to stream them.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My payments have not continued to go through and now i cant figure out how i can actually pay for the premium $11.99 a month.  Its frustrating because its going back to the try premium free for 30 days. I have already done that 

Hey @user-removed

For the time being, it's better to get your Premium through the website.

You can't use your iTunes credit there, but it's cheaper.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

My trial ends 20th march. Had 3 mths for 99p. What happens after this date please

Lynne

I still got charged even though I have a free subscription and it was canceled a long time ago.

Hey @Lynnemilner

If you didn't input any payment info, your account will just revert to Free, which means you will be able to still listen, but with ads.

If you did input payment information, check the status of your subscription.

In there you should delete your payment info to prevent any charges.

If you are an iphone user, you do need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @Pancakeeeee

Did you get email receipts from previous subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

if my spotify playlist song i made i download it may i listen it if offline? while my free trial is end?

Hey @cristina18

Once your trial ends, all your downloads will disappear, but you'll be able to stream them.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello,

It's my first time availing the 30 days premium subscription. May I know if I'll be getting the 30 days free trial upon paying for the 30days subscription? Or do I have to do anything on my end?

Hey @TinyCalanog

The 30 day trial is only available for accounts without a subscription. Once you pay, you can no longer get the free trial.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

if i using mobile payment should i load my sim first before i purchase the premium?

Hey @cristina18

Most of the time, you link your already created Spotify account to your mobile number through the carrier's  website, so yes, I'd advice to setup your sim propertly in your phone before doing so.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts