NEXT STEP

Gift Card not working

Gift Card not working

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

Im trying to redeem my 10 dollar spotify gift card and it does not let me please help fix it as i need my music plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10 Replies

Hey @_erolism ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry that you're having issues to redeem your Gift Card, I'd recommend taking a look at this article for the next steps to take.

Also, I'd suggest giving a try to redeem it using an Incognito Window on your web browser.

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

Tried your steps but did not work 😞

Could you please tell me any error messages you're seeing?

A screenshot of the error page would be really helpful. Just make sure to hide any sensitive info. Thanks! 

Won't let me send a screenshot, but all it says in a red box is "Something went wrong. Try again, or get help."

Can you please let me know exactly what steps you tried? It's just to make sure that the article was completely followed. Was the Gift Card bought in the same country you live in? 

Also, have you given it a try by trying to redeem your Gift Card in an Incognito Window? Preferably using a Desktop.

If it's still not working, please let me know if you have any active subscription, if so, which one?

Thank you!

Gift card was purchased in the same country I live, yes. 

Tried incognito in both desktop and mobile browsers, still getting the same error message.

No active subscription now since I did have premium before for almost 3 years uninterrupted

Thanks for confirming, @_erolism.

Can you please check with the store where you purchased the Gift Card to make sure it was activated?

There's a possibility that you may have a second account, and the Gift Card was activated there, but you just can't see it because you're not logged into it. It would be worth it to check if there aren't any additional accounts that are causing confusion.

The gift card is activated and it shows that on the receipt where I purchased!! 

No only one account 😞 

any solution 😞 or someone from spotify to get in touch with? im out my money and cant listen to my music ...

Hi @_erolism,

Sorry to hear you're having issues redeeming the gift card you bought. 

Since you've followed the steps @Brunelicia  provided and it's still not possible to activate the card on your account, we recommend you to get in touch with support.

Let us know how it goes!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts