Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Going from Family Premium to Student Premium

Going from Family Premium to Student Premium

We no longer have a need fro the family plan, my son is the only one still using spotify so I wanted to change him to the Student Premium. I didn't realize by verifying him as a student before cancelling our family plan would mess anything up, but it has. I've cancelled our family plan (still active tho for a couple more weeks) and he cannot activate a new account on his own as it says his student account is associated with another membership. I went back in and try to remove him from the family plan, but still get the same message. Will this be resolved once the family plan account is officially done at the end of this billing period or is there something else I need to do?

1 Reply

Hey @stacyb,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If your son's account is the manager of the Family plan he should be able to activate Premium with Student Discount after the current plan is canceled and the account reverts to Free. He can check the exact date when this will happen on his account page

If he was instead a member of the plan, you should be able to remove him using these steps here. Afterwards he can follow the link in the verification mail, sent by SheerID and activate his own subscription. 

If neither of this helps, could you share a screenshot of the error message you mention?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts