Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini offer code not applied at check out, charged full price

Solved!

Google Home Mini offer code not applied at check out, charged full price

Premium plan, re-subscribed because of this offer. It won't last if this isn't fixed ASAP, hovering around the chargeback option at this point.

I received my offer email, reserved my mini, waited a few days for the charcoal, selected the chalk eventually, it kept saying the discount would be applied at check out so I go through the motions, address, CC details, and checkout.  Boom, $80+ charged...

So I cancel immediately. Go back a few hours later and get this

"We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

This doesn't seem to be the only issue with this promotion, I just want to find an email address for spotify so I can try to either get what I was promised or get a refund for my premium sub. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks! I couldn't check out as a guest, but just doing the whole thing in incognito mode worked. 
And, by the way, I couldn't post a response except in incognito mode, too! It kept giving me an email verification error. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I'm in the same boat. Did you ever get this resolved? A little hesitatnt to go through the pages of putting the order through only to have it bill me and create headaches there. Thanks! 

Same issue here. 

I opened a chat with a rep, who told me that a secret second email should come soon to give me my promo code. Which makes no sense, as it literally tells you 3 times during the process, that the discount will be applied at checkout.

**bleep** show.

google cart.PNG
spotify.PNG

I'm in literally the same boat, bud. Here's the response that I was sent. Not sure if you've tried these steps but in my situation it didn't solve a thing: 

1. You can open your browser in Incognito Mode (Chrome) or Private Mode (Safari). Most browsers will open a private session if you press Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+N (Mac). If that doesn’t work, you should find the option to open a new private/incognito window in your browser’s menu bar.)

2. Open or copy and paste the promotional link found in the email.

3. Make sure you log into Google Store with the same Gmail account as the one used for your Spotify account that received the promotional email.

If the email address associated with your Spotify account is not an @gmail.com email address, please use Guest Check out on Google Store with the email address that received your Spotify promotional email.

4. Follow the purchase flow to the end of the check out, without navigating away from the current browser window. Please avoid opening multiple windows with the same link all at once as this may result in errors.

Already emailed them to say that it didn't work. I'll post my results when I get a response back. Best of luck! 

Thanks for the suggestions, nothing worked unfortunately. I'll keep trying variations and post if I find anything that does work. 

It seems they've taken the offer down. No luck on my end, cancelling my sub and going to try to cancel the charges.

Spotify, if you're listening, clean up your act, you have a great service which I'm willing to pay for if I get the proper service included. 

That sucks. I didn?t have any luck with customer support either. What ultimately did it was Tweeting the CEO directly. That yielded results and I managed to be given another promo code as the original one had already been redeemed. Charcoal Google Home Mini confirmed with delivery slated for the 21st-22nd. Maybe give that a whirl, it was the only way I could get my case escalated to executive customer support aka the next tier. Good luck, bud.
Marked as solution

Thanks! I couldn't check out as a guest, but just doing the whole thing in incognito mode worked. 
And, by the way, I couldn't post a response except in incognito mode, too! It kept giving me an email verification error. 

Suggested posts