Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52s

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I am trying to get the 3 months free promotional offer by spotify for samsung users. I tried to start my subscription with my HBL debit Mastercard and I entered everything correctly but I still cannot start the subscription as I get the payment failed error.

My card is activated for online and international transactions. Please help. I have tried this few months ago as well but I still can't get it to work. I have tried different networks and browsers. 

Screenshot_20220128-010015_Spotify.jpg
6 Replies

Hey, @abrar36_qureshi 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this little issue. In this case, as the first steps, could you try the following, please?

• Try entering your payment details again using a private/incognito window or on a new device, like a desktop.
  • It might just be a temporary connection issue, so wait a few hours and try again.
  • Get in touch with your payment provider.

If even checking out with your bank or payment provider if everything is ok on their side, but the issue persists, let me know here.

You can find more information about it here.

Stay awesome!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have checked with my bank and they say that everything is fine on their end. I am trying to avail the three months free premium offer of samsung so i am using the app. I have also tried on a browser with incognito. I have also tried the simple 1 month free individual plan. I am still facing the same issue today. I have tried multiple times and i receive the same payment failed error.

Hi @Luan.

I have tried again today and the payment still fails. I contacted my bank again and they say that they can see that I am trying to make payment but it fails. The error they receive us that pin code fails, however I don't even reach that stage. I only enter the card details, the expiry and cvc. They have checked time and again that everything is correct on their end. The problem seems to be on Spotify's end. Please help 

Hi,

I'm also trying to get the Samsung Premium offer by paying via HBL Debit Mastercard. My card is activated for international transactions. I have also tried multiple times and in an incognito window as well, but the payment fails. I believe the issue is on Spotify's end, since a search through community posts shows that a similar payment issue has been present for nearly a year in Pakistan and has clearly not been resolved by Spotify. Alternate payment options are more expensive, therefore I would like to pay via card only.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and for the provided information in this thread.

In order for the payment to go through, you need to confirm the transaction via 2-factor authentication. If you have enabled the 2-factor authentication and still get an error message, you can try deactivating the 2-factor authentication and setting it up again. This should be possible in your bank's mobile app. Once you're done, try subscribing to Premium in a private browser to ensure that no saved data will interfere with the payment attempt.

Make sure also that your card is open for recurring transactions, in addition to online transactions. You can check that with the card issuer.

If you're still experiencing payment issues, try subscribing with another payment method instead.

Hope this helps! The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue and I got in touch with their support to ask what going on. According to them, its the card provider who si blocking the payments and getting in touch with the provider will resolve this issue. Knowing Pakistan and how things work here, this issue might never be resolved but I will call them tomorrow. 

Suggested posts