Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How does paying for Spotify premium work?

Solved!

How does paying for Spotify premium work?

When you pay for Spotify premium does it charge the phone bill or the credit card? Also if I were to pay the 0.99 for 3 months does the subscription cancel on its own when it's over or do I have to cancel it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ivonalejandra, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Great questions.

When you subscribe to Spotify directly, you'll be charged through the payment method you set up with when you first started (which is the payment method you used to set up a Premium trial), and the charge is recurring every month until you cancel. If you paid through Spotify another way (such as a mobile carrier, or a third party service), I'd recommend contacting them since they have more info on how their billing process works.

When you sign up for a trial, you're asked to enter your payment details. After your Premium trial, the payment method you used to set up the trial will be used to charge you at the regular subscription rate, until you cancel. To fully answer this question, no, your subscription won't cancel after the Premium trial unless you cancel it.

There is some more info about canceling your subscription here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm here to help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ivonalejandra, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Great questions.

When you subscribe to Spotify directly, you'll be charged through the payment method you set up with when you first started (which is the payment method you used to set up a Premium trial), and the charge is recurring every month until you cancel. If you paid through Spotify another way (such as a mobile carrier, or a third party service), I'd recommend contacting them since they have more info on how their billing process works.

When you sign up for a trial, you're asked to enter your payment details. After your Premium trial, the payment method you used to set up the trial will be used to charge you at the regular subscription rate, until you cancel. To fully answer this question, no, your subscription won't cancel after the Premium trial unless you cancel it.

There is some more info about canceling your subscription here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm here to help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts