Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How long does it take for Spotify to retry a failed payment (if they do)

Solved!

How long does it take for Spotify to retry a failed payment (if they do)

So I'm paying for my premium account using PayPal.

I don't have a credit card so this was the perfect solution for me.

The problem is I forgot to add money to my PayPal so this months payment failed.

I added money to my balance immediately so now I do have enough to pay.

I do get a million popups when I start Spotify saying I have to update/change my payment method. And when I select Paypal and log it it asks me to add a credit card (which I don't have, and didn't need before).

So onto the question: Do I need to do anything or will Spotify retry taking money from my PayPal in a few days and stop giving me popups when they see they've received the appropriate amount?

Thanks a lot! And sorry for the long question, didn't know how to explain this properly

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ALG_Phoenix, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you don't have enough funds on your payment method bu your billing date - you won't automatically lose your Premium subscription.

Spotify will attempt to charge your payment method a few more times (usually 3 times) to see if they are able to get the payment then. If you still don't have funds on your payment method - you'll revert to the Free version of Spotify.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ALG_Phoenix, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you don't have enough funds on your payment method bu your billing date - you won't automatically lose your Premium subscription.

Spotify will attempt to charge your payment method a few more times (usually 3 times) to see if they are able to get the payment then. If you still don't have funds on your payment method - you'll revert to the Free version of Spotify.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You are absolutely right sir!

Thanks a lot! Good to know for in the future too 🙂

Suggested posts