I bought Premium but i did not get Premium

Solved!

I bought Premium but i did not get Premium

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

The Netherlands 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Yesterday i bought Spotify premium for 3 months ( €1,- ). But it didnt activate, so i waited a day because maybe Premium activated a day later. I still dont have premium but on the page invoice it Does say i bought Premium. I've seen this topic pop up earlier but all the available solutions dont work. What do i do?

Also, maybe this is important, i dont know, but i did buy premium on a different account on accident. I logged in on a different account and bought Premium. I didnt want this, but it didnt matter to me, it was just 1 euro.

I bought my premium (this account) on mail so maybe thats a reason.

I really wanted premium so this sucks. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey - @Nickplays720 

If you have availed a similar offer in the past, this would explain what happened here. You can check with the bank to confirm if the funds were refunded to you. If you didn't, please let me know.

Hey @LouiseFingy -

Can you check the status of your first payment to see if it's pending or was returned back to your account? There's more info you can check out here.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @user-removed, I'm here to help!

To confirm, have you brought Premium using a different account, or tried Premium in the past with the same payment method?

If you're not sure what account you brought Premium on, please check out this guide.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi, I had the same problem.  I bought premium for $1 (officially 99c) but I didn't receive the confirmation email and it didn't activate. I've just paid again, I couldn't find the special deal for $1 so paid $15 this time for three months.  I just hope the original wasn't some sort of scam and now they have my credit card details????

Hello Billy, yes i did indeed buy Premium on the same payment method, maybe this is the problem? And i do have access to the other account luckily

Thanks for the help,

Nick

Hello Louise, that sucks

I dont think it is a scam, i just think the order did not come through just like mine. Is it possible to ask for a refund for your 1 euro or dollar? If that doesnt work, maybe ask for help from Spotify experts, i am not experienced in all this haha.

Anyways good luck,

Nick

Marked as solution

Hey - @Nickplays720 

If you have availed a similar offer in the past, this would explain what happened here. You can check with the bank to confirm if the funds were refunded to you. If you didn't, please let me know.

Hey @LouiseFingy -

Can you check the status of your first payment to see if it's pending or was returned back to your account? There's more info you can check out here.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Nick thanks, all sorted now!  I spent a bit of time "chatting" online to someone very hepful.  I had 2 accounts, so we cancelled one and a refund was sorted.  One account had been with Facebook and an email address had not been provided which is why I had not received a receipt.  I was grateful to get it sorted and I'm loving spotify premium!

I explored around the spotify website and finally found someone I could 'chat' with, live. I spent a bit of time "chatting" online to someone very hepful.  I had 2 accounts, so we cancelled one and a refund was sorted.  One account had been with Facebook and an email address had not been provided which is why I had not received a receipt.  I was grateful to get it sorted and I'm loving spotify premium!

Hi Louise, thats great. You met new people and got everything sorted out. I still need to do some work to get a refund haha. 

Best wishes,

Nick

Hello Billy-J

No i didnt get a refund yet unfortunatly, what do i need to do for a refund? Though you helped a lot, 

Greetings, 

Nick 

Hey @user-removed.

If you're not sure the charge was made without getting Premium, you can learn more about Spotify's refund policy here, and from there find the right folks to talk with.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts