Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I got a new phone and now can’t download songs

I got a new phone and now can’t download songs

What can I do?

6 Replies

Hey @Mchristman7, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, can you let me know the make and model of the device you're experiencing this on?

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Mchristman7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account rather than your real Spotify one when changing your phone.

If you still have access to your previous phone, try to check the email registered in your account by hitting Settings and checking the registered email. 

In case you don't have access to your old phone, we'd recommend trying to recover your password using all the emails you may have used to create your account, any Facebook/Google/Apple account and even the phone number.

If none of the above works, we'd suggest contacting our Customer support so they can check your individual account and help you log into the Premium one.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I just got an iPhone 15. And I traded in my old one. My songs can’t download. Can you help me? I tried the steps you told that other person who needed help 

Hey @TituandSadie,

Thanks for posting!

So we can investigate this further, could you give us some more info? What is the exact behaviour? What are the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? Are you seeing any error messages? If so, it'd be very helpful if you could send us a screenshot or two so we can take a look at how things look like from your end.

Keep us in the loop.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’m having the same problem and TituandSadie. I get an error message saying I have reached the maximum devices, however my old phone was factory reset before I traded it in so I’m not sure how this would still count as a device. The only other device I have downloaded songs with this spotify is my ipad and I removed all the downloads from it, yet it still won’t let me download songs on my phone. I have also done all the steps mentioned above in this thread. Let me know if you have any things to try. 

Hi @hypernova775!

Something you can try is performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on your iPad to ensure there aren't any leftover corrupted files from the previous installation. In case the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to the folks over at Customer Support as they have the necessary tools to look further into this.

Hope you get things sorted out. The Community's always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts