Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I switch from Premium to Duo, am I stuck with it for 12 months?

Solved!

If I switch from Premium to Duo, am I stuck with it for 12 months?

I am considering switching from Premium to Duo to so my husband can have his own account.  However, if he doesn't like using it, can I switch back to Premium right away, or am I stuck with Duo for 12 months?

There's mention in the terms that you can only switch once every 12 months, but I'm not sure how this applies in the above scenario.  Is it that you can only change plans once every 12 months, can only switch back to your original plan once in 12 months... etc.  Can anyone please clarify?  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Fruitcake76,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, if you switch plans from individual Premium to Premium Duo, you’ll be able to switch back to individual Premium at any time. The rule for being able to switch between plans once in 12 months only applies to switching between different Premium Duo or Premium Family plans.

You can switch plans from Premium Duo to individual Premium by following these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Select Spotify Premium

If you do choose to switch back to individual Premium, your billing and account will switch to the new plan from your next payment date (which you can view on your account page, under Your plan); and your husband’s account will revert to the Free plan at your next payment date, unless he switches to a new Premium plan.

You can sign up for Premium Duo here, and read more about how the Premium Duo plan works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Fruitcake76,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, if you switch plans from individual Premium to Premium Duo, you’ll be able to switch back to individual Premium at any time. The rule for being able to switch between plans once in 12 months only applies to switching between different Premium Duo or Premium Family plans.

You can switch plans from Premium Duo to individual Premium by following these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Select Spotify Premium

If you do choose to switch back to individual Premium, your billing and account will switch to the new plan from your next payment date (which you can view on your account page, under Your plan); and your husband’s account will revert to the Free plan at your next payment date, unless he switches to a new Premium plan.

You can sign up for Premium Duo here, and read more about how the Premium Duo plan works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the quick reply and information!  

Suggested posts