Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missed a payment due to insufficient funds - update payment details?

Missed a payment due to insufficient funds - update payment details?

I've been using Spotify Premium for a number of years now.  A few days ago, Spotify tried to take the fee (via PayPal) out of my account as usual but, due to another large bill that came out the previous day, there weren't sufficient funds in the account for Spotify.  I'm being told to update my payment information, however, if I leave the payment information as it is, will Spotify try and take the owed funds out again soon (there are sufficient funds to cover it now)?  I don't want to lose my subscription but I don't want to change the payment details as I'm happier using PayPal.

Many thanks.

5 Replies

Hi ChloeKaty and welcome to the community boards! 🙂

There is a great FAQ located here regarding payment issues. I have also copied down some info you may find helpful.
It won't hurt to try and reconnect your Paypal as your preferred pay type if several days have passed and no payment has been taken.

Have a good one! 🙂

If a regular Spotify payment doesn’t go through on the usual renewal date, you’ll receive an email notification but you won't immediately lose your subscription. We’ll keep trying to take the payment over the next few days.

To make sure the payment goes through, give these a try:

• Re-enter your payment information. 
    1. Log in to your account page.
    2. Select Subscription in the menu on the left.
    3. Under Payment details, click UPDATE.

Make sure you enter your details correctly, particularly the 3-digit number sequence on the back of your card (the CVV/CVC security code). Also check you have the available funds. 

It’s also worth giving it a try in a private/incognito window in your web browser.

So the answer is just wait? Mine bounced as incoming funds only got processed after debit orders, so ended up with literally R0.10 too little for Spotify for about 10 seconds before incoming payments arrived, I thought incoming would be first. /shrug

Hey @MarcoCT

As @Bethany_Dawn Bethany_Dawn suggested, in case you don't want to give updating your payment info a shot (with the same card or a new card info), waiting can actually be very effective, especially if you already double-checked and are positive you have enough funds on your PayPal

No need to worry about it in fact since Spotify will automatically try and charge you for your subscription renewal over a number of attempts up until the operation is successful. You will be notified with an email on occasion of each attempt and when one goes through.

If you wish to know more about the times and availability of your card with regards to these attempts, we can suggest you to check on this with PayPal since they have all the relevant information you might need. You can get in touch with them clicking here.

We hope you find this helpful, please keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I want to pay my bill

Hello @gj8,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're having difficulties paying for Premium, we suggest checking out this support page for tips and tricks how to get your subscription running again.

We'd also recommend trying an incognito or private window, preferably on a desktop device, when you enter your payment details again.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout in case the issue persists.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts