Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Problems Upgrading from Premium to Family Plan

Multiple Problems Upgrading from Premium to Family Plan

USA
Premium plan > Family Plan

We just switched to the family plan so we could move from one user to four in our household > two adults and two kids. I've set up emails for our kids and have run into multiple problems.

With one email I set up a free account and then have accepted the invite. I'm taken to the screen that says "Congratulations. You are about to join the family plan of XX." However, when I fill out the form, the submit button never lights up making it unclickable. I've tried this in Chrome and Firefox (I'm on a Macbook Pro using the latest OS). 

The second email account we had trouble with so we tried to reset the password but we kept being asked to verify we were not robots. This went nowhere. Now we are unable to reset the password and when we try to create a new account we are told the email is already in use. We are unable to login because we don't know the password and can't reset it. Options?

Extremely frustrated and need some help. This shouldn't be so hard and I am the techie in my house.

2 Replies

Hey @NicoleCT,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please try the following to see if that makes a difference...:

1. Try it in an Incognito/private browser window
  2. Try it on a different device
  3. I'd recommend disabling anything that could block the page, such as Firewall, ad blockers, etc.

Regarding the second account...:

Are you seeing the re-CAPTCHA button in the form?

Let me know, and I'll see what else I can suggest.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I spent about an hour on live chat with Spotify and we were able to get one account connected. Still no luck with the second though I'm finally able to log into it. Still cannot get the second to accept the family plan invite even in an icognito browser. Apparently Spotify is having substantial issues with this. It's been sent up the chain but that probably means I have to check back in at some point. I've tried again today but no luck.

Suggested posts