Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Spotify Radio

Solved!

Offline Spotify Radio

Simply put, it would be a version of the radio function utilizing your saved songs.  There are tons of people that use Spotify and have 5000+ songs downloaded but don't have the extra data to use radio when on the go (Us Canadian's and our silly cell plans).

I use the radio function when I'm at home and LOVE it, but when I'm in the car and in a mood for just one type of music, it's constant *skip*, *skip*, *skip*, "there we go...."

For some people, this could also keep them off their phone while driving, regardless if it's texting, or picking a song, taking your eyes off the road is dangerous! Having a queue automatically loaded up with songs that you're wanting to listen to at the moment is a safer, faster, and all-around better alternative.

I get that you can create playlists but when you have 5000+ songs that can get tedious, boring, and waste a HUGE amount of time. 

I created three different basic designs to integrate this into the UI.

If you have any ideas that would work great with this, like (or dislike) the concept, have changes or suggestions. Just comment down below!

Indicator showing that the "Offline Radio" is on. Turn it off, find a new song, and toggle it back on to start you into a different mood.Indicator showing that the "Offline Radio" is on. Turn it off, find a new song, and toggle it back on to start you into a different mood.Indicator showing "Offline Radio" is off, click it to start it for the current song.Indicator showing "Offline Radio" is off, click it to start it for the current song.Adding a new tab into the main menu "Start Offline Radio" Go into it, select the song that suits your mood, and listenAdding a new tab into the main menu "Start Offline Radio" Go into it, select the song that suits your mood, and listenAdding a new button next to the shuffle play in the "Songs" menu that allows you select the song and go.Adding a new button next to the shuffle play in the "Songs" menu that allows you select the song and go.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @ObeyYourElders 

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @ObeyYourElders 

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you, ill post it there for sure.

Suggested posts