Free

Country

Egypt

Device

Samsung A5 2017

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

iam trying to change to premium  with my mastercard but  the cite refuse to accept the payment  , iam from egypt and i think now we can  pay for premium and i don't what wrong 

13 Replies

Hey @Chelsaawy,

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

sorry i think  i didn't  explain it  in a right  way ... there is a problem with using master cards from Egypt . I tried to pay the premium fees but the web cite keep rejecting my card, i called my bank to see if the problem from them but they told me that you are the one's whose not accepting it 

Hey @Chelsaawy,

Can you give it a try in another browser or in Incognito mode in Chrome? If it still won't work, please let me know the exact error message that you're seeing.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

hey @Maxim

i tried in  incognito in chrome and still have the same message 

"

Your payment method did not work. Try again or use another form of payment. Get help

"

Thanks for letting me know.

Can you please make sure that your card is enabled for foreign purchases, and online and recurring transactions?

Please also make sure that you don't have any VPN enabled on your device, as they aren't officially supported by Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star

i said before that i talked to the bank to ask them about this problem and they said to me that it's not there problem  and i talked to them  1 hours ago to double check on this and there is no problems with my card also iam using my card normaly in different pays 

i tried to pay from another mobile  and the same message appeared to me 

i will say it straight and i don't even know it could put me in troubles but in the past i used vpn  to  open  spotify in egypt " because it was unavailble "  i even made  one of my friends in germany pay for me to try spotify premium but  now it's available here and i want to get premium and i don't know what's the problem ?

also i noticed that you are not spotify employee  and i think i need some one who works  on it 

also thanks alot for trying to help me out  

Thanks for letting me know.

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

thanks alot for helping  me 

same problem did you solve it 

Yes i talked to spotify help and they solved the problem

how solve it please i have debit mastercard from bank alhly elmasry i use it in all sites but can't use it in spotify how did you solve the problem

There is a comment up here someone made reply with spotify help link click on it and talk to one of their customer service

the bank told me the spotify reject the card not us

Suggested posts