NEXT STEP

Payment credit card selection

Payment credit card selection

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Hong Kong SAR, China

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When arranging payment, Spotify allows VISA/Master/UnionPay but, when selecting UnionPay, the system returned with error message claiming that card selection was in consistent with country/location.  Obviously, Spotify might have assumed that only users in China will select credit card type: UnionPay.  However, UnionPay actually is readily available and widely used by users living in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China as well.  Hope that they system can amend this features based on the actual market situation.

2 Replies

Hello @Just_a_piece_of_adv!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. Just to confirm this is not a browser error, can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection. If these steps didn't solve your issue, can you let me know which region shows in your account page?

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's understandable that you're frustrated with the payment options on Spotify. But have you tried reaching out to their customer support? If not, do it and see if they can assist you with this issue.

Suggested posts