Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please stop hosting Alex Jones

Solved!

Please stop hosting Alex Jones

Plan

Premium

Many customers have been asking for comment about why you continue to host the Alex Jones podcast.

If you do not withdraw support for him I will be forced to cancel my subscription.

Please respond. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @therealsarahoc.

Thanks for reaching out. We take reports of potential hate content on our platform seriously, and work to remove any content in violation of our hate content policy.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we don't want to lose you. If you'd still like to cancel, you can follow these steps.

If you have any other questions, feel free to get back to us.  

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This is not censorship.  As a private company and not a government actor, Spotify is free to host or not host anyone that they want on their platform.  Alex Jones continually violated their TOS, and they did the right thing by removing him.  Kudos Spotify!

Marked as solution

It's not censorship.  You can still listen to Alex Jones.   Spotify doesn't have to help spread his message.

Marked as solution

I'm an attorney and have actually read the Constitution multiple times.  You should try it too.

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @therealsarahoc.

Thanks for reaching out. We take reports of potential hate content on our platform seriously, and work to remove any content in violation of our hate content policy.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we don't want to lose you. If you'd still like to cancel, you can follow these steps.

If you have any other questions, feel free to get back to us.  

@therealsarahoc wrote:

Plan

Premium

Many customers have been asking for comment about why you continue to host the Alex Jones podcast.

If you do not withdraw support for him I will be forced to cancel my subscription.

Please respond. 

This is an infringement of freedom of speech. Requesting censorship for these podcasts is a violation of the First Amendment. It seems people that disagree want to dictate others listening habits. Spotify is in violation of Constitutional law. Those that complain of fascism and hate are committing the most acts of fascism and hate so far.

Spotify, your censorship is cause to remove your platform from the internet and availability to the public. It would be wise to return Alex Jones and his content to the Spotify system. If users wish to not see Alex Jones, advise them that they are welcome to not listen to him and that freedom and choice is available to all that listen. There is no reason this platform should engage in fascist behaviors of censorship and dictatorship. Return Alex Jones or enjoy alot of peoples removal from your bank accounts.

Marked as solution

This is not censorship.  As a private company and not a government actor, Spotify is free to host or not host anyone that they want on their platform.  Alex Jones continually violated their TOS, and they did the right thing by removing him.  Kudos Spotify!

If they ban him, they should ban alot of music that violates the TOC too. It won't last. Censorship of this kind replicates the Nazi control of media during the Third Reich. You don't get to choose what I listen to. I do. Unfortunate for you, that's an American thing.

Marked as solution

It's not censorship.  You can still listen to Alex Jones.   Spotify doesn't have to help spread his message.

Spotify doesn't have to help spread your hate. So why don't you not listen to him? You do not dictate my life. And you certainly won't here. Spotify will rectify this issue. You obviously aren't educated in common law. You only have an idea of what real Constitutional law really is. If you don't like someone because someone else says you should, you are of no independent mind and part of a problem we already once conquered. 

Marked as solution

I'm an attorney and have actually read the Constitution multiple times.  You should try it too.

Ah, you're one too. Well, it's not like they're the most loved people on Earth. That's something you should include. Then people will believe you more seriously. Lol. If you're a lawyer, there's something you already know about. One is common sense and the other is Called choice. Freedom of choice. And why don't you use it? Oh wait, you're a lawyer. Forgot. Lol. Those concepts escape lawyers. So what's your bar number? Seems like I've been advised by a lawyer. I'd like to make sure you're legit. And your payment is my advice. So cough up your number.

Suggested posts