Free, but it should be premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Motorola one visiom

Operating System

Android 10?

My Question or Issue

I recently got a new Spotify account and wanted to start my free month trial for premium. I went through all the steps and received a receipt, yet my account hasn't changed to premium. On my Spotify account status it also says I have a free account. I tried logging out and back in again, waiting a few day, but it's still the same. I thought it might be because I applied for premium before confirming my email, so I tried with a new account, confirming my email first, but the same happend. I'm afraid Spotify might charge me next month seeing as my payment went through and I can't cancel because it says I still have a free account. I would also like to start a free trial to try it out again. Anybody know how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there @17638282,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community. Let's get to the bottom of this!

If you subscribed for the trial and your account is still on Free, it's likely that you're not eligible for that offer.

This can happen if you've paid for Premium in the past on another account with the same payment method or if your account was on Premium as member of a Family plan before. In those cases it won't be possible to activate any trial offer, since they're intended for users who've never tested Premium. For full information on this, you can take a look at this support article. 

If you still want to sign up for Premium without the trial period, just head here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout in case you've still got any questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there @17638282,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community. Let's get to the bottom of this!

If you subscribed for the trial and your account is still on Free, it's likely that you're not eligible for that offer.

This can happen if you've paid for Premium in the past on another account with the same payment method or if your account was on Premium as member of a Family plan before. In those cases it won't be possible to activate any trial offer, since they're intended for users who've never tested Premium. For full information on this, you can take a look at this support article. 

If you still want to sign up for Premium without the trial period, just head here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout in case you've still got any questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Ah that could be it. I just found it strange that there was no message that I wasn't eligible. Thanks for your reply!

With mines I had put in my PayPal for the Samsung free trial but it still said free account it even sent a notification saying it did this but it hasn't changed

Hey @Nuclearsongs,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

If you've tried activating a trial but your account is still on free service, it's possible that you're not eligible for that offer. As @Xenia mentioned that could happen when the account was previously on Premium or you've paid for Premium time in the past. You can go ahead and click here to find more information about it.

If you want to subscribe to Premium, you can click here.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

on 12/13/23 I singed up for a 90 day free premium offer ending 3/13/24. It worked but now it doesn't,  it is on a pc laptop, win 10

Hey @nedsturm,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

Usually, this type of issue happens when you log in to a different account by mistake. So first, we'd recommend logging out and back in following the steps in this article.

If the account is still not showing the Premium features, it's possible that it has different credentials to log in to. In this case, we’d also recommend checking this article for more info. 

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

If Im not eligible for the trail then what am I going to do with it? Got this from Microsoft rewards and tried to use a different account from the usual one I use because I already had I trial on it before. But when I tried with a different account, it did the same thing. I I can't give it to anyone as they usually don't use Spotify and I can't buy premium myself as I can't afford. What do I do now?

Suggested posts