Premium for Students

Country

New Zealand

Device

Huawei P10

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi. So, doesn't Spotify Premium give a 30 day trial, free of charge? At least that's the ad I saw before I thought to give it a try. I'm not sure if it's because I decided to try out the Premium for Students plan instead of the normal Premium or not but my account was charged around the day of my subcription... Was this meant to happen because the free trial didn't incl. trying out the Students plan or what? Please help, thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Erinys, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

The Premium 30-day trial is free of charge, but not Premium for Students. If you signed up for the Premium 30-day trial and then you joined Premium for Students, you'll get charged right away since Premium for Students doesn't have a free trial.

There's more info on Premium for Students here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help or have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Erinys, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

The Premium 30-day trial is free of charge, but not Premium for Students. If you signed up for the Premium 30-day trial and then you joined Premium for Students, you'll get charged right away since Premium for Students doesn't have a free trial.

There's more info on Premium for Students here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help or have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Oh, right, haha. Thank you for the clarification!

Uh, I was wondering... Since I'm a poor uni student and made the mistake of subscribing to Spotify Premium for Students (which I actually don't use often), is there any chance I could get a refund? I subscribed 2 weeks ago and just cancelled it if that's of any help. Thanks again!

Hey @Erinys.

You're very welcome! If you'd like a refund, I'd recommend checking out the Spotify refund policy here.

Let me know how if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I just took the "regular" trial and was still charged so you can't say it's only the students one... I'm not really happy right now with all this!!! 

Hey @user-removed,

Please start up a new thread here with more details. Someone on the Community will reply and take a look for you.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Done thanks!

Suggested posts