Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium feature blocked even though I have premium plan.

Premium feature blocked even though I have premium plan.

I am on an Individual Premium plan at the moment.
I go into one of my playlists and press Shuffle but then a pop up appears stating "You discovered a Premium feature".

Yes I am well aware its a Premium feature but why cant I use it when im Premium?!

I have been Premium for years so its not like my account hasnt been updated after a recent change in plans or anything of that sort.
3 Replies

Hey, @CKY182- 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you already tried a fast reinstallation of the app on your device? Just take a look at this article below to get help about how to do it:

Also, just to make sure everything is alright on your end, you can double-check on your receipts page if your payment was successful.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have had this issue twice now. I've not tried the reinstall yet. Last time this happened, I found on another answer that selecting another playlist and shuffling fixes the issue and it did. 

I think since I'm paying for this service, an error like this is incredibly unprofessional.

Replying to boost that this error should be fixed.

Having this same issue today and I agree with the other reply. We are paying for a service. I write code. Yes, I am quite sure Spotify's code is complex. No doubt in my mind. That doesn't give you an excuse to be lazy. Clearly you have an issue. FIX IT!

When my software bugs out and people report them, I fix it. I'm not some billion dollar company though. You bigger guys thinking you can walk on people is getting out of hand. It's simple. They're paying for a service. They're not paying to have to keep reinstalling **bleep** or debug your app.

You run it in a debugger ffs. You know your dev team has them. Make them use them. Fix the problem. SIMPLE.

Suggested posts