Premium

Country

Venezuela

Device

iPad pro 9.7

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I came from the US to Venezuela with Spotify premium, in the US it worked perfectly, but now that I am in Venezuela and still paying for it, it wouldn't let me search for new songs or add new songs to my library, which is upsetting mainly because I'm still paying for it, so why would I continue paying for something that I cant use to its full potential of looking for new songs and adding them to my library? Is there a way to keep using Spotify in Venezuela while I keep paying for it through my American credit card?

6 Replies

Hi there @crojas0497,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Unfortunately, Spotify isn't available in Venezuela just yet.

Therefore, if you had a US based account and you've made any changes within the accounts settings it might have effected directly.

Can you please let me know if you've made such changes lately?

- Changing payment method

- Changing country settings

- Canceling and resubscribing

- Changing your subscription type

Thanks for your cooperation

I didn’t make any changes to the account, as soon as I stepped on Venezuelan floor it stopped working. I will try and do those things you listed and see if any of them work.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, BUT MY ACCOUNT IS FROM SPAIN. I WANT TO KNOW IF THEY RESOLVE YOU THAT ISSUE AND HOW, OR THEY DIDN'T?.

BECAUSE I WANT TO CANCELL THE SUBSCRIPTION IF NOT.

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Venezuela

You can read more info in this Spotify news article:

Spotify Expands to Six More Countries Around the World 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, it is now available in Venezuela, yes, but, if I want to Join the premium subscription, there seems to be a problem with the card I want to link to pay the subscription.

What can I do?

Hey @Vettor,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

On this page you can find out some troubleshooting steps on payment related issues. 

Also make sure, that the country of your card matches the country on your Spotify account settings. A discrepancy there can also lead to failed payments.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts