Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium to Free

Premium to Free

My Spotify account was under premium family up till even yesterday and suddenly today it's free? What happened Spotify how do I fix this
8 Replies

I suddenly have the same problem. Is there any other way to contact them besides this useless forum?

The same here.

Hey @gradearaj@jeronimo69 and @Mandy2707,

Can you please tell me if this happened to all members in the plan, or just with you?

Do you all live in the same address as the other members?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No i don't know the other users so we dont live on the same adress. It says it was billed about 10 days ago and all of a sudden it just went from family to free..

Hey @Mandy2707,

All members of a Premium for Family subscription must reside at the same physical address. 

If Spotify is unable to verify the subaccounts(s) of a Premium for Family subscription, they will be removed from the plan. For more information, check out the restrictions to Premium for Family

If this happens, Premium features can be restored by upgrading to a standalone Spotify Premium subscription, or checking out the other trials and offers

MaximSpotify Star

the same here, but the principal account has been turned to free too and the site shows that was paid.

This problem begun yesterday.

Hi @thiagokuc,

Could you make sure the plan Administrator doesn't have more than one account? If he has, he might be logging in the wrong one.

Please send him this link to double check:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/login_help/do-i-have-an-additional-account/

In which country are you?

BittencourtSpotify Star

But my account if the main account and my husbands suddenly got put back as well. Even though it was recently paid. How do I get it back to a family account?

Suggested posts